The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 77 views: 243,454
WillijU 13th January 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 249,223
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 197,257
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 92,680
jcjr 30th July 2014

So I've read that "regular foam" isn't the same as "acoustic foam"... and I understand the difference is in...

nikoli
replies: 5 views: 266
nikoli 55 minutes ago

I'm trying to install a door that needs to be soundproof but i dont understand what the rubbermembrane installation of this...

saywhaa
replies: 6 views: 114
saywhaa 1 hour ago

After rummaging through every thread and post I could find about studio desks, I've decided to put together a desk/workstation...

Shane Steel
replies: 83 views: 113,978
TheLowerLounge 2 hours ago

Could someone please tell me why people build LEDE rooms still? Also, for mixing isn't a RFZ with only absorption on the back...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 71 views: 966
attaboy_jhb 2 hours ago

One my projects for this year is to make listening to music in my living room more enjoyable. The room is a 16 m² room (4,08 m...

johannburkard
replies: 4 views: 304
johannburkard 3 hours ago

What is the difference between these two. The slot resonators I have seen have a piece of insulation stuck to the back of a...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 9 views: 246
attaboy_jhb 4 hours ago

I have a little one bedroom condo that seems to have no insulation in the walls. The first studio I treated was at my parents...

3rd Degree
replies: 2 views: 139
DanDan 4 hours ago

I've been reading through the sticky and coming up with some good ideas... I'm going to be using a lot of rigid fiberglass...

busystarter
replies: 9 views: 370
Jason Foi 4 hours ago

Hello GS, I have three sliding glass doors in my studio... two on the north wall, one on the south wall. The two on the north...

nikoli
replies: 4 views: 270
nikoli 5 hours ago

The QRD diffuser seems like a good candidate for this or perhaps even the Arquen "leanfuser". Instead of building the...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 0 views: 60
attaboy_jhb 5 hours ago

Hey guys Here's a sketch of my room and current...

Massan
replies: 10 views: 305
DanDan 6 hours ago

Just wondering if anything can be done with a 2.4m x 2.4m x 2.4m room (about 8ft in each dimension). I'm recording direct, but...

deejayen
replies: 17 views: 413
explorer 9 hours ago

Hi all, didn’t want to steal others threads so here it goes. I have a concrete room for my studio, low ceiling which is not...

Deckdaddy
replies: 41 views: 1,352
petergel 10 hours ago

Hello, I am new to this community and I have a somewhat interesting question. I couldn’t find any information about this...

Neufneuf9
replies: 34 views: 1,041
akebrake 11 hours ago

Hello all, i've just completed a REW measurement of my room after adding significant amount of 4" traps from GIK and 4"...

vsthalion
replies: 4 views: 283
Glenn Kuras 13 hours ago

After checking endless chairs to replace my old cheap no-name, I decided on an Herman Miller Aeron Remastered. However I...

system100m
replies: 4 views: 530
ejsongs 13 hours ago

Hi, This is bugging me for some time now, and i know it might be impossible to achieve, but would a mastering room without any...

scalawag
replies: 13 views: 441
mirochandler 15 hours ago

Hello :) new to GS forum. Recently ive really been getting into optimizing the acoustics for my home theater. First I looked for...

Chris863
replies: 2 views: 230
Temple of Light 17 hours ago

Hi, have just joined the forum to ask for some advice about getting the best sound out of a new soundsystem I have installed at...

mattyg44
replies: 2 views: 245
mattyg44 23 hours ago

Hello everybody, ive grown a serious interest in treating the acoustics in my room. Ive been bed room producing for 4 years now...

Joezerony
replies: 8 views: 487
Bushman 23 hours ago

Hi, Moving into a new room soon and roughing out my acoustical plans. Dimensions are as follows: 14’ 3” L x 10’10”...

aleatoric
replies: 8 views: 367
aleatoric 1 day ago

Hi People, I have a rectangular room 11.5'W x 18.5'L x 8'H which has been converted into a studio, to be used mainly for...

mrfye17
replies: 4 views: 358
artsci2 1 day ago

Hey Gang, I'm opening up my first studio and am super excited! This has been a dream of mine for years, and now the hard work...

shortyboyboy
replies: 5 views: 308
shortyboyboy 1 day ago

I don't have an SPL meter. Don't really want shell out another £50 if I can help it as I already have the ECM8000. Can I use...

ralphonz
replies: 0 views: 198
ralphonz 1 day ago

Hello everyone at Gearslutz! I am building my own little studio with some friends so I thought to get some advice from the...

yh2514
replies: 2 views: 306
yh2514 1 day ago

The frequency response of my monitors is 39 Hz–20 kHz, ±1.5 dB. When I listen to a sine wave sweep from 20hz to 20khz, from...

logjamparty
replies: 7 views: 359
DanDan 1 day ago

I recently came across this post by Thomas Jouanjean in the Pro Recording Workshop forum about the difficulties of calculating...

mpos
replies: 39 views: 2,343
nonstatic 1 day ago

Can anyone recommend a formaldehyde-free, low GFR material that is available from big box stores in the U.S. (Home Depot,...

Jerbery
replies: 4 views: 255
Temple of Light 1 day ago

Hey guys, I am new here. But I think I am in the right place :) (I hope!). I have accomplished the dream of a lifetime: having...

ketar
replies: 16 views: 324
Bushman 1 day ago

What's up guys? I need advice on getting better acoustics in my room. My dry vocal takes seem to have a lot of low end...

BillBillings
replies: 8 views: 294
BillBillings 1 day ago

Hi guys. In the past few weeks I've been reading many threads here, hoping to educate myself a bit and not make many mistakes...

horsound
replies: 33 views: 2,231
DanDan 1 day ago

So I'm converting my 20'x20' garage into a work office and project studio. It won't have a separate control room. The garage...

Bill Hambone
replies: 3 views: 266
DanDan 1 day ago

Hey all im new to using the REW software and i cant for the life of me figure out how to calibrate my interface. Im using the...

Devangelist
replies: 4 views: 1,200
Grzesiek 2 days ago

Hello my dear GS'ers I just started my music production/DJ passion more seriously a couple of months ago, I'm really in the...

FilibMusic
replies: 10 views: 430
thedberg 2 days ago

Hello all, This is my first post here, although I have been lurking for quite awhile. So many of my searches end up on this...

scae1
replies: 2 views: 247
scae1 2 days ago

Greetings all! Starting in the corners, I am in the process of trying to create a dry sounding space for recording upright bass,...

wretchasketch
replies: 9 views: 455
wretchasketch 2 days ago

From what I understand, soffit mounting speakers helps minimise SBIR between the speaker and the front wall. I suppose this is...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 5 views: 262
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

Hello everybody, This is a new thread for an improved diffusive small control room acoustic design for surround and stereo...

boggy
replies: 81 views: 11,646
avare 2 days ago

Hi, I stumbled accross this site whilst researching creating a drum rehearsal room in a brick built outbuilding. I had visited...

douglass
replies: 15 views: 630
beeboss 2 days ago

Hi, I am looking to get a pair of Q7D diffusers to compliment the rest of my room and have a top price of around £300/ 350 Euro...

PRIME8PRODUCTIONS
replies: 2 views: 265
Glenn Kuras 2 days ago

Hi, I just moved into a guest house to avoid dealing with noise complaints in the future and would really like some advice on...

Zaaaak
replies: 3 views: 267
FreshProduce 2 days ago

I am wondering out loud here about at what point does a membrane, such as pegboard, hardboard, MDF etc, become a barrier to...

Temple of Light
replies: 13 views: 473
Temple of Light 2 days ago

So I've got one tech thats telling me I need a 9,000 BTU Mitsubishi mini split, and another telling me to go with a 12,000 BTU...

logjamparty
replies: 1 views: 255
Mike Couzzi 3 days ago

Lets say I have used broadband absorption in my room but I still have a few axial modes @ 120hz, 114hz, 90hz, 80hz, 62hz that I...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 22 views: 505
attaboy_jhb 3 days ago

In vocal tracking room, I am building a V shape gobo to put behind the singer. Using OC 703. Should the vocal gobo be 4 inches...

Krush411
replies: 4 views: 242
DanDan 3 days ago

I have a long rectangular room which will be my hybrid control room / live room and I need a storage area so I was thinking of...

attaboy_jhb
replies: 8 views: 318
Glenn Kuras 3 days ago

Hi guys, I have taken over a studio space which I´m running with a friend at the moment. We have a small recording room,...

Gertius
replies: 4 views: 436
DanDan 3 days ago

Do you guys think I could get a decent sound with acoustic treatment in my living room of my home? The room size is 12 x 20, with...

gabler
replies: 5 views: 258
Glenn Kuras 3 days ago

I know the image is not great but there are two acoustic treatments on the wall behind. Can anyone make out what they are?

attaboy_jhb
replies: 14 views: 368
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm going to make a modular studio desk out of 4040 aluminium profile. The idea is to create a fully adjustable desk that...

Scoox
replies: 6 views: 364
Jens Eklund 3 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search