The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Views: 5,558
24th November 2017
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 237,534
DanDan 1 week ago

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 188,199
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 75 views: 234,010
juankid123 15th January 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 88,619
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 30 views: 873
DanDan 1 hour ago

My problem is a Massive 50hz null (about 20db). I know how difficult it can be to deal with these low frequency nulls but hoping...

dj7675
replies: 9 views: 534
NetworkAudio 1 hour ago

Hey people, I'm in need of some help. I have a dedicated listening room which I've done a fair amount of bass trapping to....

John B
replies: 16 views: 409
Martel80 2 hours ago

I am creating a home theatre system with the dimensions as Length - 22 feet Width - 8 feet 8 inch Height - 9 feet 4...

n_jagan_eee
replies: 1 views: 63
n_jagan_eee 3 hours ago

My new tracking room measures 18' x 20' x 21' high. Cement walls with glass patio doors on three sides, some more glass windows...

gabehizer
replies: 3 views: 139
DanDan 3 hours ago

So I found this discounted material at a local store... it's no longer to 'building code' and so they sold it for $30 a roll...

saurumanx
replies: 5 views: 248
DanDan 3 hours ago

Hello guys I have a home studio setup in my living room and room shape is a bit odd(see pics). Right now I have Yamaha HS-50m...

slimhan
replies: 1 views: 146
Bushman 4 hours ago

Hey I hope this thread is right here, otherwise just let me know, or move it. :) Yesterday we got a new neighbour to our...

the Lob
replies: 3 views: 267
jikky 5 hours ago

Dear Gearslutz. I need to treat my whole ceiling with absorption. I can install ceiling tiles or rockwool or fiberglass panels...

chrismeraz
replies: 9 views: 396
explorer 11 hours ago

I was helped greatly on another Thread, but I do have some final questions about the "Theory" of where to setup...

jerrydpi
replies: 16 views: 293
jerrydpi 12 hours ago

Hi, I am an amateur. Acoustic is a science and I do not pretend to understand all of it. I know enough to be dangerous. See my...

FargateOne
replies: 18 views: 428
dinococcus 13 hours ago

Hello All, I landed on this great forum sometime ago when I finally decided to treat my room with better acoustics and this...

jjitter
replies: 5 views: 278
jjitter 15 hours ago

Hey All, I'm framing out a room in the ground floor / garage of a raised house to use for mixing and vocal recording. The...

cable
replies: 0 views: 117
cable 17 hours ago

Hi All - I havent really posted here but I've bought a lot of your old stuff and read a ton of threads (some people get *really*...

phishoz
replies: 5 views: 251
RyanC 19 hours ago

Howdy! I finally downloaded RoomEQ and did some measurements of my home studio, which is basically a ~16ft x ~10ft x ~8ft room...

sleipnir
replies: 22 views: 558
akebrake 1 day ago

When placed in a mix room. Dampening? Diffusion? Nothing? Potential problems?

M Mastering
replies: 0 views: 134
M Mastering 1 day ago

Hello, ROOM DESCRIPTION: 5.8m x 3.2m x 4m (Length x Width x Height) There are ceramic tiles on all walls to the height of...

palopalka
replies: 17 views: 327
DanDan 2 days ago

For sale is a 3’ x 6’ x 8” array of qty. 6 18”x18”x8” 2D Quadratic Residue Skyline Diffusor acoustic treatment built...

Krakadon
replies: 2 views: 233
DanDan 2 days ago

Hi guys, Was wondering if you could give me some advice on rear wall treatment? 1. I've been speaking with the guys at GIK...

humanbeing
replies: 4 views: 250
humanbeing 2 days ago

Getting close to finishing my basement acoustic work. Ripped out the plasterboard ceiling and filled with Roxul Safe n Sound....

tymish
replies: 3 views: 222
johnnyc 2 days ago

Due to constrictions in my room I can only get 2 corners done so I'm going big. I have some 2 ' x 4' Tectum panels I'm going to...

tymish
replies: 7 views: 255
DanDan 3 days ago

Good Morning Everyone, I am setting up a home studio in my new apartment and I would really appreciate having your help...

Romain74
replies: 2 views: 190
Romain74 3 days ago

Hi guys! I have a small/medium studio mostly used for mixing. The design is not optimal, but it’s working ok and my mixes...

DaOl
replies: 13 views: 653
DaOl 3 days ago

Hi, I´ve stumbled upon some ads from a company that calls itself "studiodesk" and makes desks optimized for music...

Synthbrass
replies: 6 views: 508
Synthbrass 3 days ago

So after days of research and online scouring I've finally decided to take the plunge and build my own acoustic panels. I ordered...

ghost305
replies: 2 views: 218
ghost305 4 days ago

I would really like to get the bass tidied up in this room. I can only modify one half of this room. The other side has identical...

Teej
replies: 0 views: 135
Teej 4 days ago

Hey guys, I'm producing and mixing music for quite long, and finally decided after saving some money to start treating my...

NekstMusick
replies: 0 views: 153
NekstMusick 4 days ago

Hi guys, I'm really confused with the best way to use my room for mixing and music production, been doing it for years but...

NekstMusick
replies: 0 views: 133
NekstMusick 4 days ago

I have a basement room in my 1973 split-level ranch house that i'm planning for jamming, tracking and listening. I'm starting to...

stevethewhip
replies: 4 views: 255
chrisbramble 4 days ago

Hi im tryin to sound proof my room or reduce noise transmiting as much as possible. someoone recommended me to use MLV aka mass...

TomcaTT87
replies: 15 views: 802
eddievanwailin 4 days ago

Are any of these Coranado, Valencia, Santiago, Santana whatever models suitable as monitors? Seems like they’re consumer...

7up partridge
replies: 1 views: 177
Adhoc 4 days ago

Hi guys, it's me again with one acoustics question concerning my room! First of all, the room is 4,70m long and 3,90m wide with...

Gregsen
replies: 13 views: 1,110
DanDan 5 days ago

I'm in a market for a new desk, My budget isn't that high (Around 600 euros) so I've been looking at Zaor desks, particularly at...

MrLinssi
replies: 0 views: 101
MrLinssi 5 days ago

Hello, I am looking for an advice. We have just moved to a new rehearsal room. Current dimensions are: 5.8 x 3.2 x 4...

palopalka
replies: 20 views: 374
DanDan 5 days ago

Hey guys, I’ve been reading up on acoustics for quite a while now, alternating with REW measurements and I think I’m starting...

Asteroid999
replies: 16 views: 544
DanDan 5 days ago

Hi, i have a space with around 6m2 where i made my little home studio! I have PC, 3 chan Mixer, Behringer B208D PA, Behringer...

alienoiz
replies: 6 views: 291
alienoiz 5 days ago

Hey, now that I've learned to avoid fiberglass and formaldehyde in my acoustic treatment, there seem to be so many cotton and...

South Brokelyn
replies: 13 views: 379
johnnyc 5 days ago

Common knowledge says the ear should be at tweeter height, but I'm getting much better REW results at woofer height. Is this...

ghetto3jon
replies: 12 views: 353
pentagon 5 days ago

Hello, I'm in the process of moving my home studio from a spare bedroom (now the nursery room) to the back part of my...

A Radical Cut
replies: 1 views: 209
Glamrock80 5 days ago

I am hung up on deciding how to proceed with an acoustical cloud over my mix position. I have Pro Rox 930SL 4" deep which is...

Bradley Prakope
replies: 3 views: 200
DanDan 5 days ago

Hi guys, I'm new here but have been reading a lot! I plan on creating an broad band absorber / large bass trap with the space...

humanbeing
replies: 25 views: 539
humanbeing 5 days ago

Hi! This is my first post on this forum and i want to ask you for advice. I am building my home studio and at first i want to...

AiXe
replies: 5 views: 367
AiXe 6 days ago

Hey brothers and sisters. Until recently, my personal studio had been located in a small office space for which I had hired out...

YRLK
replies: 1 views: 135
YRLK 6 days ago

Which of the following options is best for bass acoustic performance, and why? Currently building floor-ceiling, corner...

sbrom
replies: 9 views: 294
DanDan 6 days ago

So just looking for some input as to why do I have so much absorbtion in the midrange. My room was noticeably on the dead side,...

trybiculuskarton
replies: 7 views: 306
Glenn Kuras 6 days ago

Hi guys, I'm trying my best to figure this out but its a bit confusing. I have to work around these built-in book cases (floor...

humanbeing
replies: 17 views: 394
DanDan 6 days ago

I have a room that is treated to my satisfaction, except that my existing bass traps don’t reach to a 40 hz bump in the...

Bushman
replies: 6 views: 351
oddur 6 days ago

Good evening slutz. I'm in the process of converting a room in my basement into a home studio, and I'm undergoing quite the...

John_Cunningham
replies: 9 views: 287
John_Cunningham 6 days ago

i hope i don't violate any rules, but i figured that I'd ask the studio building/acoustics/REW professionals as well. i posted...

korejekt
replies: 11 views: 1,513
dreckdirect 6 days ago

Hi all- I've been working in a small room for the last year and I've gotten the opportunity to grab a slightly larger room...

Rtroost
replies: 1 views: 154
Rtroost 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search