The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 270,216
neopl 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 98,774
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 262,266
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 211,258
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I've made some speaker stands out of cinder blocks like in this article: Velvetron I've epoxied the cinder blocks together and...

calvinz
replies: 4 views: 2,188
Jason Foi 2 hours ago

Hi, I'm looking to install Denim or cotton bass traps, but am mostly seeing it as pure insulation, not as pre-made bass...

musichascolors
replies: 12 views: 486
Jason Foi 2 hours ago

I have a small home studio setup. Due to its size I bought Yamaha HS5's because they are a perfect fit... I would like to know if...

FourFour
replies: 12 views: 333
FourFour 8 hours ago

Hi all, I just purchased a house and am hoping to turn the basement into a band practice space/home recording space. Mostly...

slimjim5792
replies: 6 views: 281
bowzin 10 hours ago

This is going to be my first post on Gearslutz (yay!:lol:) and it's going to be a hefty one... maybe... It's very possible that I...

Rddsknk89
replies: 9 views: 252
Jason Foi 10 hours ago

I am treating a home studio (11' 2" x 14" 10" bedroom). Is there an order of preference of where to place...

dragonfly66
replies: 7 views: 666
Doclad 10 hours ago

So I am buying a house. I can finally have a decent studio in it, albeit I will probably have to sacrifice personal comfort on...

Mike_MA
replies: 23 views: 1,183
Jason Foi 12 hours ago

Hello, First post in the forums! I would be really appreciated if I can get some feedback on what I am planning to begin...

ooztuncer
replies: 5 views: 458
ooztuncer 17 hours ago

Hi. I have a Focal Alpha 65 in a fairly small rectangular room. I am trying the room to improve the acoustics since it is...

Doclad
replies: 5 views: 207
avare 17 hours ago

Room in general: basement of a small house . No direct neighbours, no car traffic, rarely airplanes, so pretty quiet Room Size:...

Arseny
replies: 41 views: 1,384
Arseny 18 hours ago

Goodnight. Would this microphone be good for making the acoustic measurements of my room? Thank you. Superlux S241 –...

Doclad
replies: 3 views: 251
Doclad 20 hours ago

Goodnight. I am setting up my home studio in a fairly small rectangular room, and as expected I have problems with low...

Doclad
replies: 7 views: 413
Doclad 20 hours ago

Hi everyone! I have a lot of acoustic foam left over. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to put it under pressure in a...

Doclad
replies: 18 views: 402
Doclad 20 hours ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 5 views: 284
avare 21 hours ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,442 views: 265,292
dor baruch 1 day ago

Hey guys, I'm putting up a 24'x40'x12' building to make a studio in and have some questions about what shapes/dimensions rooms...

Mattgpauley
replies: 33 views: 950
avare 1 day ago

I have a question about one of my Rim Joist. I have a 4 3/4 x 1x3/4 Void. The open web truss only rest on the sill 2" and...

jwlange
replies: 1 views: 151
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hey everyone, It would help out a lot if everyone could take this VERY quick market study for me. Thanks! Ripple...

jordanwagel
replies: 0 views: 91
jordanwagel 1 day ago

hi, i feel like this is a basic question, but i cannot find the exact answer. i saw a couple threads that MIGHT have answered...

weloveyoutoo
replies: 4 views: 285
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I do voice over on the side and I moved to a new place a few weeks ago. I was going to set up a room as a voice over booth to get...

David92
replies: 9 views: 304
Speedskater 1 day ago

Hi, Wondered if someone could guide me what to do. I'm going to build a home-cinema room, also with the purpose of being an...

ernbltr12
replies: 0 views: 167
ernbltr12 1 day ago
replies: - views: -
Poinzy 1 day ago

After many years delaying the learning of music making/producing, i finally started (Ableton live) and I'll be buying my first...

yellow_matter
replies: 2 views: 286
yellow_matter 2 days ago

Good afternoon, I am currently building a soundproof studio in the back garden - I've read quite a bit into the sound proofing...

louisdeane
replies: 12 views: 457
bowzin 2 days ago

My room won’t allow me to put bass traps at the first reflection points to the left and right sides of my listening position. ...

mediumsizeddog
replies: 2 views: 288
SteveGTR 2 days ago

Hey Guys, im looking for some help on my Studio Acoustic Treatment. Im really strugglin with some Roommodes. At least it...

aaronhimself
replies: 2 views: 226
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Does anyone have experience with the following acoustic panels from t.akustik, they look like the vicoustic panels, i have...

wildenberg
replies: 10 views: 4,925
deadfuzz 2 days ago

Hello, I'd like to reduce flutter echo in my control room without deadening it too much. I've found some pretty cheap...

Roswell
replies: 81 views: 28,519
JayPee 2 days ago

Many threads with measurements showing absorption results but very few (I didn't find any actually) showing diffusion...

JayPee
replies: 1 views: 250
dinococcus 2 days ago

Hello everyone! After years of silent reading I´ve made myself an account in the need for help. I´ll be doign two threads, one...

Logan4600
replies: 9 views: 410
Logan4600 3 days ago

I have a situation in my room where I can hear a low hum like as if someone is running a tumble dryer and it can only be heard...

infiniteloop
replies: 3 views: 231
Adhoc 3 days ago

I have a huge null at 110Hz, when testing with a sine wave, I've sweeped it through a few times and consistently it's at 110, and...

pencilextremist
replies: 8 views: 471
JayPee 3 days ago

I've read about this topic a bit, but I'm still looking for some answers. My interface has combined trs/xlr input, how do I...

RobinJacobsson
replies: 12 views: 443
deedeeyeah 3 days ago

Hi - I'm working on a album project and the singer and I agree he should cut vocals at home for vibe. He has a large living...

aside
replies: 0 views: 201
aside 3 days ago

Hi guys was hoping for a little advice on overhead cloud placement. Does the cloud need to extend directly over your seating...

humanbeing
replies: 11 views: 482
avare 4 days ago

A friend of mine has contraints about where to put his speakers and may try the following placement (see attachment) where green...

jim1961
replies: 4 views: 306
Howling Terror 4 days ago

Hello, as I start prepping and planing my studio build, I need to know if I can move my lateral strongback bracing up to make...

jwlange
replies: 5 views: 286
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hello! I'm planning to build a desk and I have an idea how to make it reflection free. I don't need a big desk , I just need...

ostfisk
replies: 33 views: 1,203
michalgrim 4 days ago

I am building some Tri-traps for my home studio.(Broadband) I have done some reading here on Gearslutz. I would like to build...

gabler
replies: 0 views: 183
gabler 4 days ago

Hi gearslutz, Im working on some acoustic treatment for my room (definitly not the first one here hehe). I have made some bass...

Nproduction
replies: 6 views: 357
Bushman 4 days ago

Hi Just looking for some general advice around what I suppose would be budget flooring for reasonable sound reduction. I'm...

coasterman
replies: 1 views: 263
RyanC 5 days ago

I have a 40 x 18 room with a 8"6 ceiling. The floor ceiling node is of course the big issue. I also have no choice but to...

tmcconnell
replies: 205 views: 37,571
Infinite Skillz 5 days ago

Hey guys, this is my room. Its 4,48 x 3,95 x 2,46 meters which equals 14,69 x 12,96 x 8,07 feet. I now have my room placed...

Chillzinho
replies: 0 views: 230
Chillzinho 5 days ago

Goodnight. I would like to share a thought with all of you. I am treating my room acoustically, and the truth is that doing...

Doclad
replies: 1 views: 325
Jens Eklund 5 days ago

Hello everybody, This is a new thread for an improved diffusive small control room acoustic design for surround and stereo...

boggy
replies: 95 views: 16,022
Galaxy Wizard 6 days ago

Trying to make some acoustic panels, but am having trouble finding materials to make them this weekend. All the big box stores...

konnekt
replies: 2 views: 355
dabigfrog 6 days ago

Hi guys, I have big problem. I have two windows, one at front of me and second at my back. Both of them has the same problem -...

Lisi
replies: 7 views: 377
Lisi 6 days ago

Hi, I have a one room studio that is essentially my live and control room. It's filled with bespoke panels and bass traps....

act_your_rage
replies: 18 views: 467
Jens Eklund 6 days ago

Hi guys thanks for reading this post I am trying to analyse the effect of piano dampers not the ones controlled by the pedal but...

Shak
replies: 12 views: 472
Shak 1 week ago

Hi All: I am converting a spare room in our basement into a small recording studio. I've read through Rod Gervais' Home...

Drewski347
replies: 0 views: 229
Drewski347 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search