The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 251,273
DanDan 3rd April 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 258,423
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 203,450
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 94,851
jcjr 30th July 2014

Hello! After many inspirational threads here I decided to go public too. The more thoughts the merrier. ;) Long story short:...

pfg
replies: 225 views: 14,615
Ljudbjornen 15 minutes ago

Hey there! I am about to build some panels from rockwool and I need some suggestions or guidance for what kind of panels needed...

Louzin
replies: 6 views: 367
mpkrishnadev 1 hour ago

First of all, thank you all for mentioning both choice to me. If I have a power conditioner like...

rockman413
replies: 0 views: 53
rockman413 2 hours ago

Hi! I've built a 2 feet or 60 cm deep absorber covering the back wall. 40 cm of rockwool, 20 cm airgap and slats on top. See...

ostfisk
replies: 7 views: 540
ostfisk 3 hours ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,403 views: 253,486
DanDan 6 hours ago

Hi all I'm about to move in to a new flat where the living area is a half attic space (link to diagram) of about 137 m^3 or...

plodsmeade
replies: 4 views: 227
plodsmeade 7 hours ago

I have a pair of these in my home studio...

busystarter
replies: 1 views: 202
DanDan 14 hours ago

So I have been researching the concept of HVAC and trying to figure out which system is best for a basement studio. Ductless mini...

eljefe
replies: 31 views: 826
eljefe 17 hours ago

Hi, I've just done a quick frequency capture using pink noise into Span at the mixing position with a Behringer ecm8000. Is it...

hello people
replies: 31 views: 712
hello people 1 day ago

As mentioned in the subject i have problem with Right side producing more low frequencies (louder) then the left side. Tried...

Bhoot
replies: 18 views: 3,530
Gitaarwerk 1 day ago

Hi everyone, if you were building a studio from the ground, what would your ideal room decay be? Best suited or aimed for a great...

Oroz
replies: 5 views: 467
deedeeyeah 1 day ago

Hi all, I am building a soundproofed rehearsal drum space in an old outbuilding so that I can practice drums without annoying...

EdgarTPeaceful
replies: 2 views: 334
EdgarTPeaceful 1 day ago

Hi there I am considering converting an old jam room into a mixing studio. During my research, I found that my room size might...

Zombie Manatee
replies: 1 views: 341
Bushman 2 days ago

If a room is designed from scratch as a no compromise mixing setup, how much treatment would actually be needed apart from the...

EMMST
replies: 6 views: 464
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Just finished a second round of treatment addressing the wall to ceiling corners. Everything is 4” of OC703 or Eco core except...

AnthonyMele
replies: 77 views: 1,664
Jason Foi 2 days ago

What is the utility of the fins in QRD's? I've been looking over QRD calculators and I want to put a significant amount of...

danyull
replies: 7 views: 426
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Hey everybody! Preface: I'm completely out of my element here with soundproofing and room treatment; I don't know very much...

The Magna Carta
replies: 11 views: 360
johndykstra 2 days ago

In searching previous threads, I came across the name George Augspurger as the man to call for smaller/lower budget studio...

DanGo
replies: 41 views: 12,835
BillEBell 2 days ago

Hello everyone My studio is located in my basement, and in terms of noise coming from the outside, the window which photo you...

Tareqdayya
replies: 7 views: 312
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Sorry if this has already been covered. Ive been doing extensive searching to find some high quality build guides for Acoustic...

beau_mckee
replies: 0 views: 310
beau_mckee 3 days ago

I've got a lamp dimmer placed about a foot away from a KRK Rokit 8. The dimmer causes my lamp to emit a very light buzzing...

melolagniac
replies: 2 views: 348
melolagniac 3 days ago

Hey guys, So I was thinking of using some curved pegboard in front of 3" Rockwool Comfortboard in standard 2' x 4'...

aabbccbb
replies: 7 views: 475
avare 3 days ago
replies: 14 views: 563
DanDan 3 days ago

I have to hang six diffusors, which means that I will be spending $360 just in Primacoustic's SlipNots. Primacoustic SlipNot...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 3 views: 459
vankloot 3 days ago

I am currently at the ventilation stage for a control room. I would like to clarify a few things for my build regarding the...

Marco Marinescu
replies: 0 views: 298
Marco Marinescu 3 days ago

In 2011 I studied Gearslutz and Rod Gervais's book and with helpful advice I put together this 15 sq.m (161 sq. ft.) songwriting...

Starlight
replies: 40 views: 4,214
ODDprdctncz 4 days ago

Hi all, Although it looks like I'm a total newbie, I just forgot my previous username and password as I haven't had the...

Purelythemusic
replies: 1 views: 376
Purelythemusic 4 days ago

I'm looking into some light diffusion for a small room. I'd consider quadratic but my room is most likely too small and irregular...

zedsdeadbaby
replies: 5 views: 1,082
zedsdeadbaby 4 days ago

I'm thinking about covering a wall with some artificial topiary like...

Jerbery
replies: 3 views: 323
johndykstra 4 days ago

So I'm working on placing my reference monitors and I've come to a crossroads. Most information I find says that ideally you want...

Jessiah1
replies: 7 views: 406
DanDan 4 days ago

I have virtually no room treatment right now so I'm interested in some budget acoustic options. I'm very skeptical about these...

Dohreetoh
replies: 30 views: 750
alexpander 4 days ago

Running out of wall space. Coupla standard wall posters, one w Guitar Scales, one with Guitar Chords. Nice to have up, and...

JayTee4303
replies: 9 views: 432
JayTee4303 4 days ago

Hello, I am half way through converting my garage into a soundproofed drum room using the two leaf ‘room within a room’...

EdgarTPeaceful
replies: 3 views: 367
EdgarTPeaceful 4 days ago

I feel like I should know this, but I realized while I was researching the best way to build this kind of door system and hang...

logjamparty
replies: 8 views: 395
Superfuzzyfrog 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I have spent quite some time treating my room and browsing this forum, thanks a lot for all the tips and the...

vonstein
replies: 11 views: 832
vonstein 5 days ago

In my garage studio build I have a lighting fixture that will run along the center of the vaulted ceiling for most of the width...

logjamparty
replies: 3 views: 371
johndykstra 5 days ago

Hi folks, i am building a cabin in my back yard to use as a home studio and knowing little about electrics i am not sure what i...

pquinn
replies: 1 views: 256
Speedskater 5 days ago

Hi Everyone, I’m just about to buy some GIK panels for my rather small room (mainly stereo listening and mixing room), and was...

Alfama
replies: 10 views: 510
Alfama 5 days ago

I'm having some trouble here, deciding which way to go. I am in the process of a small home cinema build in my garage and...

McDuff
replies: 0 views: 246
McDuff 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I hope you are OK, and will be able to help me with which room to use as my home studio. I have the option of two...

Konan
replies: 0 views: 246
Konan 5 days ago

How many times have I walked into a control room with a Neve or an SSL and racks of the gear these forums are made of, only to...

xlon
replies: 2 views: 463
formusic 6 days ago

So my friend has a room where he converted to a mini tracking room specifically to cut vocals. We have several projects...

Krush411
replies: 0 views: 312
Krush411 6 days ago

Hiya. As a very inexperienced builder, I'd like to ask something quite silly. I'm looking for a Rockwool roll as I'm...

mucainsane
replies: 1 views: 305
Jason Foi 6 days ago

Hi, I recently got a pair of '70s JVC/Victor SX-3 speakers at Goodwill. They're a decently rare speaker here in the US, from...

kmaster
replies: 0 views: 315
kmaster 6 days ago

This is not the only room available to me, but it is the most convenient at the moment, and I keep getting pushed back into it....

ChristianN
replies: 16 views: 480
Jason Foi 6 days ago

I have a 7'8" ceiling in my control room that has a suspended ceiling. I currently have ceiling clouds over mix position. I...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 535
DanDan 6 days ago

I recently started treating (building and placing bass traps) and testing my room acoustically. However I have recently run into...

katunechiie
replies: 3 views: 408
DanDan 6 days ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 53 views: 4,662
DanDan 6 days ago

I have these windows here (pics): https://imgur.com/ZcjaYNk I'm building 4" Roxul bass trap panels with 1.0+ NCR ratings...

aspen1135
replies: 15 views: 430
elegentdrum 1 week ago

* numbers are for Pound/cubic foot https://i.imgur.com/r4b3aGs.png well i'm in israel and this is pretty much my options the...

adiahha
replies: 14 views: 482
adiahha 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search