The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Views: 2,164
30th June 2020
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 229 views: 345,949
AmrH 2 weeks ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 10,546
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 321,472
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 117,319
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 265,277
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

hello guys . I really need your help . there has been a lot of posts and talk about the Rockwool fiber glass going out of the...

ahmedinho
replies: 0 views: 14
ahmedinho 33 minutes ago

Hi there, My room is treated with few DIY broadband absorbers and bass traps. You can see it on attached Scetch Room.pdf Room...

tasty_mushroom
replies: 0 views: 37
tasty_mushroom 1 hour ago

Hey guys, I’m setting up my room and I’m looking for some advise. Iv got a big dip at 100Hz I’m trying so clean...

CrispyJones
replies: 24 views: 587
CrispyJones 4 hours ago

Hello! I could use some advice on what to do next to treat my room. Thank you very much to anyone who is so inclined. If you...

Grovestand
replies: 19 views: 547
Grovestand 10 hours ago

Hey everybody I am currently planning/researching out the materials for acoustic treatment in my home studio. I've decided to use...

nomekop2000
replies: 7 views: 168
thethrillfactor 12 hours ago

I'm having a garden house installed later this year (if all goes well) and want to turn it into my home studio. I won't play...

Jorg
replies: 13 views: 222
Kyle P. Gushue 13 hours ago

Our room has a couple of acoustic panels on the wall but nothing major. Basically our current set up is having an sm7b close to...

Nightmusic320
replies: 9 views: 220
Nightmusic320 13 hours ago

Considering bypassing a studio desk and getting a Sound Anchor DAW Stand with an extra platform (mouse, keyboard on one, monitor...

mikoo69
replies: 0 views: 92
mikoo69 15 hours ago

I am in the design stage of our audio engineering school / studio. This site has been a huge help. It is a 4500 sq feet total...

MariusPerron
replies: 5 views: 143
avare 18 hours ago

Hello, guys. It's been a long time since I visited this forum! I still have an untreated, control room, but it's livable and...

ejbragg
replies: 19 views: 260
ejbragg 20 hours ago

Hello all! So i'm done treating my room (15x11 8ft ceiling) and, wanted to measure it. Here are my measurements. I used the...

vsthalion
replies: 12 views: 303
akebrake 20 hours ago

Halo all, I had my room build a long time ago with Rockwool 80kg/m3 for superchunk and panels. I have been reading and...

dansantoso
replies: 30 views: 925
tks0326 23 hours ago

Should I use 3mm thick hardboard on the rear of my basstraps or will that reduce their efficacy? I currently have fabric covering...

jeebles
replies: 4 views: 196
jeebles 23 hours ago

Problem is it gets pretty hot in the summer time and my mic would be right beside the portable air conditioner. i use condenser...

onshott1
replies: 11 views: 311
Bushman 23 hours ago

So I'm adding some insulation in a wall, mainly to shield outside noise, but now rather than sealing the insulation/frame with...

Niber
replies: 14 views: 384
Greg B 1 day ago

Hi, One of the walls in my bedroom studio has two huge glass doors to a balcony that cover almost 70% of that wall over which...

Ishaan Kunwar
replies: 2 views: 126
thethrillfactor 1 day ago

Progress thus far! - subfloor is double drywalled w/backer rod and green glue between sheets, sealed with caulk - foundation...

JMillz.Perc
replies: 6 views: 294
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

I understand my rather long thread start isn’t that easy to go through but does anyone have any opinions based on the...

totallyclueless
replies: 0 views: 110
totallyclueless 1 day ago

See pic. Plan is either A) normal cloud, 6" or so.. not sure what height, B) full fill of the top, can probably 6-7"...

maxiedaniels
replies: 7 views: 165
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Hi there, i'm working on my control room at the moment and after some research i'm thinking i may have a problem with a...

bmaughan
replies: 12 views: 442
pencilextremist 2 days ago

Dear reader, Firstly I really appreciate your time! I found these old bed frames in the attic and as a non-expert in the field...

BarryLimestone
replies: 28 views: 916
dinococcus 2 days ago

Hello, I have decided its time to try and do some room treatment. My space is 12 x 17 with 9 foot ceiling at its peak. The room...

pjarrett
replies: 0 views: 100
pjarrett 2 days ago

Hello everyone! hope you doing well at those corona times howdy I have just bought yamaha 80hs monitors (8") and i want to...

quara23
replies: 6 views: 198
Soundman2020 2 days ago

hi guys, so i'm trying to use the ARC 3 room treatment system from ik multimedia but its reading my room as having such a massive...

RABE
replies: 20 views: 392
Frankie Mumbles 2 days ago

Hi, Any idea where I can get speaker stands that will clamp on to a desk in the UK? Something like...

binman_uk
replies: 18 views: 25,898
Soundman2020 2 days ago

I have a shallow wall situation under a little cubby / closet space in my little home project studio build. I've got one later...

oldschoolish
replies: 8 views: 252
oldschoolish 2 days ago

some days ago the studio designer mischa jacobi posted pics of his new studio desk/speaker combo design on his facebook...

housegezeichnet
replies: 39 views: 3,573
Audiunt 2 days ago

Hello people I am thinking of getting a threeway system. I am worried if my room is too small for them. The dimensions are 3x4...

AlanWave
replies: 2 views: 155
avare 2 days ago

In adition to our HVAC baffle supply/return system which we've built by the book, we are looking to suppliment the rack room with...

jml designs
replies: 6 views: 233
jml designs 2 days ago

Hey there! So, my wife has been offered to acquire a small piece of land next to our countryside house which has an old,...

MicheleS76
replies: 2 views: 166
MicheleS76 2 days ago

I am designing my Baffle Boxes for my HRV unit. I have a 150cfm Fantec HRV that will be going through 6" ducting into and...

noobnoise
replies: 0 views: 153
noobnoise 3 days ago

Hi all, I'm in the midst of adding acoustic treatment to my drum room is 16' (L) x 11' (W) x 7'8'' (H). At the moment it has a...

Badaboom
replies: 0 views: 155
Badaboom 3 days ago

Hi guys, Without getting into why rockwool/fibreglass may be completely safe or not, price not being the primary concern, what...

lonvoc
replies: 14 views: 586
dinococcus 4 days ago

How completely supress computer chassis noise? The venue is small room with little furniture. Hence it has a lot of reflections....

yrdlofff
replies: 6 views: 361
dinococcus 4 days ago

Hi all, as far as I know there should be no decay / resonance below the first axial mode. How is it possible (what are possible...

BT_1234
replies: 38 views: 581
thethrillfactor 4 days ago

Hey guys, I'm new and desperately in need of some expert opinions. Having a lot of issues trying to track down an EMI or...

Groundthumper
replies: 0 views: 99
Groundthumper 4 days ago

Hello, folks!  I have a question about the calibration process with the GLM 3 system. Look at the picture I have attached,...

ambientvibes
replies: 1 views: 178
johannburkard 5 days ago

Hey guys I’m in the process of finding my speaker/ monitoring position and have found out the my bass traps are causing a dip...

CrispyJones
replies: 2 views: 242
CrispyJones 5 days ago

So I got my DAW desk really sound treated so that my speaker sound doesn't bounce around too much, now why can't I just use this...

Niber
replies: 3 views: 193
Bushman 5 days ago

Hi guys! I have the next problem, in my studio setup I need to have these three things in the room, the desk (with the monitor...

Victor Quezada
replies: 3 views: 196
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Hi guys, I've asked a few Qs here and have been guided by your wonderful help (mainly DanDan and I can't thank him enough but...

Samion
replies: 12 views: 3,074
Phil Cibley 5 days ago

Hi all, I thought it would be helpful to other people considering buying to show the construction of these Adictive Sound...

benferrari
replies: 3 views: 292
MarcB 5 days ago

I'm in Australia and my local Bunnings has Knauf Earthwool insulation for a very affordable price that I think will suit my needs...

SoupRising
replies: 1 views: 304
Starlight 6 days ago

Hey... Sorry for this silly question. What is the ideal angle for an ideal stereotriangle? Should the speakers be angled...

Okatvius
replies: 1 views: 236
Starlight 6 days ago

I was leaving overseas and have ordered 4 years ago several 244, 242..... I was delighted. I moved here in USA 2 years ago. Still...

Antmou
replies: 5 views: 405
Grovestand 6 days ago

I'm looking to connect two buildings I have that are about 8 feet from each other. One will serve mainly as a control room, the...

Lorddiagram
replies: 2 views: 201
Grovestand 6 days ago

I'm looking for speaker stands that can properly lock position (not one of those pin stands that freely rotate), and raise/lower...

maxiedaniels
replies: 3 views: 260
VenVile 6 days ago

Hello so unfortunately I have a small vocal room that's just the bedroom that I can't really do much with. I do have Broadband...

skiroy
replies: 11 views: 985
Adhoc 6 days ago

Suggestion for those panels placement. Should I have the absorbers behind the speakers? Or ok to have the speakers against the...

makasi
replies: 1 views: 141
makasi 6 days ago

Hi everyone, my house has a (currently damp) basement which I would like to use as a home studio. In 10 days I'll be...

BogaNet
replies: 4 views: 413
Grovestand 6 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search