The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 226 views: 297,441
deedeeyeah 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 108,515
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 286,223
sicfigure 20th February 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 227,231
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

I was watching this video of an interesting studio build in a room with a concrete floor. At this point, he wanted to install...

thechrisl
replies: 2 views: 443
Jason Foi 6 hours ago

Hi community Since some days i try find some research of how to calculate the dynamic stiffness of the air-spring between a...

mikahanau
replies: 10 views: 273
Adhoc 8 hours ago

Hi Guys! I finaly found a new place for building a new recording place. The place is in one piece - size: H:6m x W:8m x L:16m ....

danchi
replies: 0 views: 150
danchi 9 hours ago

Hi all slutz :-)! I just bought the Sonarworks XREF 20 Measurement Mic. I have some questions about how the measurements works....

Mr Zorro
replies: 10 views: 472
over-man 9 hours ago

Hello, I am building my new room. And want to get it treated. I'm aware of the mirror trick to find first reflections on the...

sergioelectro
replies: 8 views: 510
johnnyc 9 hours ago

Hi everyone! Now that I have the opportunity to use a room for music production purposes exclusively, I'd like to do some...

knobsnfaders
replies: 11 views: 259
Jason Foi 10 hours ago

Hello all I have made my first acoustic measurements of my room (5 meters long, 3 meters wide, 2.2 meters height in front of...

gedna
replies: 13 views: 629
gedna 12 hours ago

Hi guys, I'm definitely not new to the forums and I'm sure some of you may have seen my posts here a few times, but I'm no expert...

VenVile
replies: 8 views: 534
Bushman 16 hours ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 27 views: 1,825
RedTone 17 hours ago

Hey Slutz, need some advice, on a new studio build. We have a free standing building on 5 acres, in the country. 24' x 48' with...

Gunadoo
replies: 15 views: 491
akebrake 18 hours ago

I am looking for a chair that is comfortable for long recording or mixing sessions and that also has arms that move or swivel...

Cuzzin Chizzy
replies: 60 views: 38,682
johannburkard 21 hours ago

Hi everyone! I am building a couple of Helmholtz-resonators to adress the problem around 50Hz that is shown in the attachment....

hankg82
replies: 3 views: 401
akebrake 22 hours ago

Hi I was wondering if some knowledgeable acoustics person could answer a very straightforward question. If I have a completely...

camomiletea
replies: 10 views: 619
Soundman2020 1 day ago

Hey guys, I want to properly treat my room for vocal recording & mixing. I usually record my vocals from my desk using a...

hyperfacex
replies: 3 views: 348
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Tell me, how many of you have rearranged your keyboards / synths because you realized they worked well together. And then...

geob
replies: 2 views: 338
geob 1 day ago

Hi all, I think I need a little bit support to improve my room acoustics. Here's the room with the table and possible speaker...

Lilith
replies: 51 views: 2,343
Lilith 1 day ago

Hello there, I recently bought a Krk Ergo for my studio. Installed it, and felt it really did a good job. The low end sounded...

Coenie
replies: 32 views: 8,035
jaro_simek 1 day ago

Hello everybody, This is a new thread for an improved diffusive small control room acoustic design for surround and stereo...

boggy
replies: 147 views: 23,023
MellowDios 1 day ago

I want to buy these foams to reduce reflections in my room. There used to be a bed behind me but not anymore so I feel...

musiclover_gol
replies: 9 views: 463
JayPee 2 days ago

Hello, I moved to a new space and measured this big rectangular room with my measurement mic. The room is 6 meters long, 5...

breakline
replies: 7 views: 432
JayPee 2 days ago

In a sticky in this forum it said that the FR is less important but I want to know why and if this is the case? I posted my...

camomiletea
replies: 109 views: 1,915
dinococcus 2 days ago

Over the past several weeks I've been experimenting with different layouts and have ended up on what I believe is the best that I...

formula428
replies: 21 views: 842
akebrake 2 days ago

Hello! I been struggling to find good placement for my studio monitor setup and decided to ask help here. My room has a...

100rikz
replies: 7 views: 428
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm a long time lurker on this sub. I'm an amateur singer/songwriter/musician who is finally able to build a...

RingoNick
replies: 7 views: 414
Starlight 4 days ago

I have a rather strong (+10 dB) axial 002 mode between floor and ceiling (height 250cm) at 137.5 Hz. I put a 12cm Sonorock panel...

Lilith
replies: - views: -
Soundman2020 4 days ago

Hello! I have an all wood laminate-walled, floored, and ceiling’d room (dims: 26’ x 14.5’ x 8’) that I want to turn into...

patrick1
replies: 14 views: 600
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hello you all A quick question before I start and try to fix my unfixable room (more on this a future thread): should I...

BrunoD
replies: 2 views: 394
BrunoD 4 days ago

Hello Everyone, Excited to be here as I begin my new journey in this newly rented apartment. Hope to use this post as a great...

recaro19
replies: 93 views: 3,386
Starlight 4 days ago

I've been working in this basement project studio space for quite a long time, and I've never been quite satisfied with the way I...

nightchef
replies: 5 views: 541
nightchef 4 days ago

Hello everyone, I have a place for making sound, i don’t want a proper home studio (regarding the scale of the room, i think...

Jimee
replies: 2 views: 387
Jimee 4 days ago

Hey guys! I just finished building my studio in Nashville, and it was done professionally with giant fiberglass bass traps...

MaxRubel
replies: 3 views: 459
zakarot 4 days ago

The mission is possible. My studio is finished.Almost flat response from top to bottom.Really no joke here.

angel72bg
replies: 8 views: 555
angel72bg 4 days ago
replies: - views: -
bert stoltenborg 4 days ago

I've just finished building the framework for my four corner Superchunks. They are 600mm deep from the very corner of the room to...

Reeeve1
replies: 6 views: 528
avare 5 days ago

I have (perhaps) a moderately unique room layout. I am in a basement that runs the length of the house and have half of that...

colehooey
replies: 3 views: 539
Carl Freeland 5 days ago

I'm setting up a two-room space on the second floor of my house for mixing purposes. I'll have an office desk and some books in...

pepper05
replies: 5 views: 512
Soundman2020 5 days ago

Hi, Yet another thread from me, trying to figure out what property to purchase for home and studio. Understand that I do NOT...

Poopypants
replies: 5 views: 433
Poopypants 6 days ago

Hi all - I'm going to build a booth at my house to track vocals and acoustic instruments. I work for a company that uses...

zydeceltico
replies: 2 views: 617
zydeceltico 6 days ago

Hello to the gearslutz audio community, I have already treated the low frequencies in my room using super chunk bass traps....

producerxtr
replies: 9 views: 701
JayPee 6 days ago

First the SketchUp renders can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/2uxciyD I've been trying to design a home theater in a very...

iggcQB7rhs8Qmsc2
replies: 1 views: 347
Jason Foi 1 week ago

I have built a suspended lighting element that will hang in my control room. It houses my recessed lighting so I could avoid...

logjamparty
replies: 1 views: 489
Jason Foi 1 week ago

I would like to treat my space for mixing. The room has an opening towards another room on the right of my desk, which can be...

purpleduck
replies: 10 views: 757
Soundman2020 1 week ago

Hi all My Dynaudio BM15a's + sub are currently on/under my work station, but I'm considering moving them closer to the wall on...

hazza26
replies: 1 views: 376
Jason Foi 1 week ago

Hello all, Coming through with my first post ever, I'm here to ask for advice on how to get rid of this very annoying standing...

xChimera
replies: 15 views: 748
Lilith 1 week ago

Hello, I asked for advice here in the past year about building my own bass traps and a lot of nice folks helped me out, so I...

dramis
replies: 67 views: 15,558
TJ5 1 week ago

Is it possible to predict the behaviour of a porous absorber used as a gobo somewhere in the room? I use this porous absorber...

robertom
replies: 20 views: 672
robertom 1 week ago

I'm in the wall building stage of my project - MAM, wooden studs with 30mm Gyproc on each leaf. Wall studs on both sides are...

audiotreat
replies: 34 views: 7,293
JayPee 1 week ago

I just finished tweaking my (professionally designed, treated) room. Adjusted speaker position, sub location and level, crossover...

Helvetica
replies: 6 views: 511
dinococcus 1 week ago

Hello, you guys. Hoping you're all doing well. I barely know about studio designers and I want to find someone specialized in...

Nitrouspizza
replies: 41 views: 2,851
Northward 1 week ago

So I have absolutely no idea if I got this right but I gave it my best shot. I got a lot of help from some users on this forum...

camomiletea
replies: 2 views: 676
akebrake 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search