The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 230 views: 358,681
pencilextremist 16th September 2020

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 15,190
Northward 29th December 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 337,836
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 123,459
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 271,797
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Quick question for y'all, I will be moving into my new place next month and I have a 17.66' x 16.5' room that is going to be...

KamandaSD
replies: 5 views: 86
Hot Sauce 20 minutes ago

Hi everyone, hope you’re all having a wonderful day! I’ve finally bought a house and want to build myself a drum room!...

Eyal
replies: 0 views: 1
Eyal 26 minutes ago

Is this overkill or just right? See RoomLayout attachment. Picture shows frames without insulation or fabric to give a better...

LSct
replies: 21 views: 367
Kyle P. Gushue 44 minutes ago

Hi Members, I was playing around on Bob Gold's Room Mode Calculator trying to find a "perfect sweep". This is the...

Cameron Hamill
replies: 4 views: 201
Cameron Hamill 44 minutes ago

I'm converting a carport into a music space for mixing and multitrack recording/post production. I’m in Hawaii. My plan is to...

Octopussy
replies: 3 views: 146
Kyle P. Gushue 1 hour ago

I'm looking to move house this year and so I'm having to move my studio as well. It looks like I might be ending up in a...

will_m
replies: 9 views: 233
avare 1 hour ago

hallo i make new acoustic panels with 10 cm width rockwool + bass traps with membrane 35 cm deep, there its my sonarworks result...

dawid123
replies: 5 views: 255
avare 5 hours ago

I have a Drumkit permanently mic-ed up on my double Garage conversion.I use my laptop and my Audient ID 22 and ASP 880 to record...

easyrider
replies: 56 views: 703
easyrider 7 hours ago

everyone! Tomorrow I'm receiving the first documents from a company that will design and build my home recording studio. I'm...

FrankDandrea
replies: 4 views: 306
johannburkard 11 hours ago

Hi all, I’m coming to the end (hopefully) of the planning stages of my garden music / drum room and am agonising over the...

adybatt
replies: 10 views: 479
adybatt 14 hours ago

Hi! I'm building a studio at the bottom of my garden. The walls will be made from a double block (with cavity) and the roof will...

ged968
replies: 10 views: 363
Kyle P. Gushue 21 hours ago

Hi All, I thought I'd put a project log together since I'm starting this build in a few minutes. Hopefully nothing goes...

BJosephs
replies: 23 views: 1,354
Hot Sauce 21 hours ago

Hi im tryin to sound proof my room or reduce noise transmiting as much as possible. someoone recommended me to use MLV aka mass...

TomcaTT87
replies: 65 views: 8,835
avare 23 hours ago

I have a small home studio that's starting to get larger /more involved and, being self-taught and not super savvy with some of...

wheatfield
replies: 0 views: 98
wheatfield 1 day ago

I put together a few different triangle sized bass trap designs in SketchUp. Which one of these do you think works best? Or any...

LSct
replies: 13 views: 359
gullfo 1 day ago

I have two available rooms in my rented rowhouse, a guest room (white in the photographs) and my bedroom (orange). I'd like to...

zym
replies: 1 views: 95
zym 1 day ago

Hi There, I'd really appreciate some help with this please! I'm going to be renting a fairly small space to work in. The...

RaphyTheCat
replies: 15 views: 518
RaphyTheCat 1 day ago

Hey everyone. Just wanted to get any thoughts anyone is willing to offer up regarding a new studio space I’m going to...

Patrick H
replies: 3 views: 307
Patrick H 1 day ago

Just Got my Sonarworks results. Wondering how bad a shape my rooms in. I don’t know if the low end bump and dip is more normal....

Steve4es
replies: 11 views: 357
Steve4es 1 day ago

I'm toying with the idea of constructing a Bass trap to cover the entire rear wall of my room. The room's primary purpose is for...

tvent
replies: 19 views: 1,573
Cameron Hamill 2 days ago

Got a 8ft x 12ft ceiling. Been poking around for ideas on the easiest to execute ceiling cloud framework and something one...

MajorNoteStudio
replies: 13 views: 223
MajorNoteStudio 2 days ago

I’ve got 10 4” thick panels made up of Rockwool and 6 4” panels made up of OC 703. I’m assuming it’s fine to use...

dmac660
replies: 35 views: 641
MajorNoteStudio 2 days ago

I'm designing a double-walled studio room and I'm trying to figure out how to route cables from the outside to the inside. I...

Scoox
replies: 0 views: 105
Scoox 2 days ago

Hey guys! I just received my Focal Alpha 65's and I love them so far! Great pair of monitors - one of the best I've heard...

lolomo
replies: 6 views: 478
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi All. This is my first post so glad to be a part of what I have found to be some very helpful people in all the reading I have...

DadofMo
replies: 23 views: 482
DadofMo 2 days ago

Hi folks! I have a question for all you acoustic wizards ! And of course all other opinions are welcome. I do most of my work...

FLUKE
replies: 6 views: 313
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I'm looking around for acoustic treatment options for my room. The main issue is bass so I'm looking specifically at bass traps,...

Audo
replies: 19 views: 819
dolbythx 3 days ago

Hi All, I'm looking into getting Recoil Stabilizers for an L, C, R Cinema setup. After looking into it, the weight requirement...

rlsoundservices
replies: 0 views: 118
rlsoundservices 3 days ago

I'd like to measure my room but having problems with REW. I'm using REW with Lynx Hilo and I'm not getting any audio to the...

justjoo
replies: 2 views: 158
justjoo 3 days ago

It's time to get a little more serious about my studio acoustics, so I'm diving into Room EQ Wizard, and would be very...

musicus
replies: 28 views: 5,499
Lophophora 3 days ago

Hey Everyone, I recently finished modelling and measuring my room. I am now looking for some advice on Acoustic Panel and bass...

nomekop2000
replies: 12 views: 894
thethrillfactor 3 days ago

Looking at either of the following for my Mackie HR824's. Which one would you choose? Zaor Croce 36"...

Mirama
replies: 0 views: 177
Mirama 3 days ago

Hey guys. I have an end unit townhouse in the US. Check out the pic with my current setup. ...

ac_music
replies: 2 views: 259
Hot Sauce 4 days ago

Hello folks, I've got a question regarding my studio setup. I got this one studio which is square shaped which I need to...

karta
replies: 2 views: 181
karta 4 days ago

Don't laugh. The room where I'd like to mix is very small (see attached, 82"x97" with 100" ceiling). Also bad:...

pemberley
replies: 16 views: 624
pemberley 4 days ago

Hi everyone. First time doing this. Tried to avoid traffic coming past my window so don't know if that has influenced the...

afroblue
replies: 65 views: 1,601
JayPee 4 days ago

Hello Guys. My name is Tyler and I'm from Taiwan. I'm currently trying to build my home stduio. We used a different type of...

Tyler Wave
replies: 5 views: 250
avare 4 days ago

The guidance I’ve gotten on my build in my original thread has been very helpful, thanks all. Because that thread was...

Burstwurst
replies: 57 views: 3,620
Burstwurst 4 days ago

Thinking of designing a desk for my home studio. To reduce first reflections (around 0.5-2ms) I've read on here the options...

afroblue
replies: 0 views: 160
afroblue 4 days ago

I'm interested in renting an industrial space and hiring someone to build a podcast studio as part of it in Austin, TX. I would...

Voiceraptor
replies: 1 views: 169
Starlight 4 days ago

I'm trying to figure out what treatment I need in my home office, strictly for clean voice recording. I do not make music or do...

LSct
replies: 31 views: 587
LSct 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I recently moved in to a new apartment and I'm experiencing an unbearable noise coming from my studio...

phrygn
replies: 6 views: 232
phrygn 4 days ago

Hey guys. I just moved to a small apartment and my desk is set up in the living room that I cannot modify nor treat acoustically...

SLG-1
replies: 8 views: 432
SLG-1 4 days ago

Hi community members, with a bunch of audio enthusiasts (yes, its non profit) we try to create a list of free audio and...

IngoBingo
replies: 3 views: 269
IngoBingo 5 days ago

Dear forum members, Attached a REW package and waterfall, spectogram and GD image of my current 'best' treatment response in my...

TomSleebus
replies: 19 views: 708
MajorNoteStudio 5 days ago

Hello Everyone, I'm building a home recording studio and I'm just about finished my four floor-to-ceiling bass traps. ...

richofcanada
replies: 12 views: 459
thirdflr 5 days ago

The room is located in the basement and I want use it for recording. Ceilings 8.5 ft high. In the middle, unfortunately, is...

kwaem
replies: 4 views: 252
kwaem 5 days ago

I have soldered a multi from patch 1 to patch 2. On patch 2 I want to solder a cable that runs to room 3, headphone amp...

RobinJacobsson
replies: 0 views: 155
RobinJacobsson 5 days ago

I'm looking for the ideal acoustic material that will be both aesthetically pleasing and remove the small amount of flutter echo...

deancain
replies: 11 views: 486
Hardtoe 5 days ago

Hey guys! I always came here to search. My first post here. Love this community. Recently I moved to a new house, and I'm...

brunomulinario
replies: 3 views: 319
TomSleebus 5 days ago

Moderators