The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 305,734
MPC_MAN 1 week ago

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 0 views: 669
Northward 1 week ago

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 292,569
HSLand 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 110,517
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 233,440
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey there! First time posting in GearSlutz. Just stumbled across the forum in some research on a new project I've started:...

wlukepierce
replies: 0 views: 97
wlukepierce 5 hours ago

Hello everyone I've deafened whole room with Rockfon Industrial panels and now playing around with speakers and listening...

fedorM
replies: 5 views: 298
dinococcus 12 hours ago

What's the ideal reverb decay time (let's assume RT60) if you're setting up a dead voiceover space?

Dohreetoh
replies: 7 views: 424
dinococcus 14 hours ago

Hey guys, I want to build a vocal booth and have some questions about the acoustics as i have never delved into this...

ADIktive
replies: 2 views: 255
Donnyten 15 hours ago

Hey Slutz! I’m rearranging things in my studio, and i’m thinking about moving my desk to the other side of the room. A little...

alexhirlinger
replies: 1 views: 238
Starlight 17 hours ago

Over and over in countless threads all I read is that foam is useless, etc, etc... Then I get the pre-sale email from Gik...

jazzmik2000
replies: 13 views: 418
avare 21 hours ago

Hi everyone, I'm re-positionning my speakers in my room, as some work has been done in it. The room has some basic bass trapping...

Avgatzeblouz
replies: 3 views: 339
Avgatzeblouz 1 day ago

I'll be mixing a few projects at my place. For budget reasons, the client is not interested in renting a commercial studio. As...

Badaboom
replies: 1 views: 282
johannburkard 1 day ago

I have an opportunity to build a mixing/recording studio in a unheated, uninsulated warehouse type space. I'm thinking a...

mrand
replies: 8 views: 560
RyanC 1 day ago

Hello! Im putting together two 1.2m x 1.2m perforated panels out of 19mm thinck mdf and 120mm cavity with glasswool inside. im...

5.333V
replies: 0 views: 247
5.333V 1 day ago

Hi folks, In my quest to find a way to make bass traps without skills I thought I could make a large panel out of this wooden...

PepeLuis
replies: 5 views: 292
SRS 1 day ago

Hi! James Wiltshire has a nice studio desk - as depicted in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct8kHZe4wPI Does...

Tunetiger
replies: 4 views: 402
Tunetiger 1 day ago

Just thought I'd float this idea out there for some feedback. I'm working on a single room design in an existing room with a 9'...

thechrisl
replies: 18 views: 1,027
RyanC 1 day ago

I did post this already in other discussions but i believe it does deserve a thread. Check this recent...

PaulRain
replies: 19 views: 1,288
dinococcus 1 day ago

Hello, you guys. Hoping you're all doing well. I barely know about studio designers and I want to find someone specialized in...

Nitrouspizza
replies: 46 views: 3,780
Northward 1 day ago

Hi guys, We're about to close in our existing garage and make it into a small recording studio. We have a modest budget but we...

Sequentialist
replies: 0 views: 231
Sequentialist 2 days ago

Our family room has a slap back echo thing going on. I can notice it talking on the phone, but when the women get all talking at...

billy33
replies: 9 views: 349
Jason Foi 2 days ago

So Im in the middle of building stuff for my new room which I have another thread with pictures. I was just wondering... If...

mattias78
replies: 9 views: 368
mattias78 2 days ago

If you know someone who REALLY understands room acoustics and wants to do a room setup consulting session in Austin, TX please...

drockfresh
replies: 5 views: 287
Bstapper 2 days ago

Hey guys, My question is about what I can do for the ceilings to support two layers of 5/8" drywall with green glue. I'm...

ohtravioso
replies: 9 views: 2,593
Buster91 2 days ago

Hi guys, I'm definitely not new to the forums and I'm sure some of you may have seen my posts here a few times, but I'm no expert...

VenVile
replies: 19 views: 1,139
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi everyone,I'm currently trying to upgrade listening in my bedroom studio a little bit. I have absorbers with air gaps on the...

kukuc
replies: 6 views: 612
johannburkard 2 days ago

I am working on setting up my at-home recording studio. I have a 12' by 9.5' room with a 4'x4' vocal booth I've made myself...

katelyndawn89
replies: 2 views: 271
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi All, I know this topic isn't anything new, but I've done some searching and I haven't found anything very similar to my...

ryannimmo
replies: 4 views: 325
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hello, I'm a newb and in need for some advice on acoustic panels for my tiny room. First of, it's only 2x3m (6x10ft) with a...

Balkan
replies: 1 views: 257
Starlight 2 days ago

I made a little fort out of moving blankets to try to record in. I'm attaching a sample. It was a small area, a little under...

Dohreetoh
replies: 0 views: 214
Dohreetoh 2 days ago

My listening position is in the sweet spot of a well treated room. All room corners are bass trapped floor to ceiling, first...

EastNashRocker
replies: 8 views: 646
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

So I work in construction and they are putting av rooms between offices and I scored a ton of excess 1/2 inch wool felt stuff...

Trojanmantony
replies: 1 views: 251
Jens Eklund 2 days ago

Hi, Just moved house (again) and setting up in an unusual space (as usual). This room's a bit complicated though - unsymmetrical...

alligatorlizard
replies: 6 views: 387
johannburkard 3 days ago

Here's my sitch- I've been reading Rod's book and i think i know what i need to do but would like to verify. I just moved into a...

Mattyg99
replies: 3 views: 367
Mattyg99 3 days ago

The garage I'm going to be insulating has a large-ish roofspace which is great for storage but complicates the insulation...

Raoul153
replies: 4 views: 314
Raoul153 3 days ago

Question per title really. I'm nearing the end of the design stage of my studio, I'm hoping the slab will be poured before...

Chris1234
replies: 9 views: 406
Andy Le Vien 3 days ago

Hello everybody. After a bit of researching I'm starting to finally build acoustic treatment for my room. As I state in the title...

cllhcs
replies: 4 views: 400
cllhcs 3 days ago

Here are some screenshots from Kinetics' brochure you can find here https://kineticsnoise.com/arch/pdf/arch.pdf Check out,...

JayPee
replies: 2 views: 284
JayPee 4 days ago

Apologies if this has been covered before, but couldn't find any precise info here, and elsewhere just links to US companies...

alligatorlizard
replies: 7 views: 328
Brian M. Boykin 4 days ago

Hi, My name is Adulis and residing in sweden. I am building a small music studio and its being designed by Claes Olsson from Eora...

Shenen
replies: 1 views: 304
Thomas W. Bethe 4 days ago

Here is a new studio build we are completing. It is aprox. 16ft (W) x 21ft (L) x 7.3ft (H). Attached are some renderings of the...

steven b
replies: 0 views: 229
steven b 5 days ago

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody could give me advice on what to use for my cloud. My current set-up consists of bass...

WichaWaJemba
replies: 3 views: 373
WichaWaJemba 5 days ago

I have read a ton on this forum about making traps. It looks like Thermafiber is an acceptable material for building traps &...

cornpone
replies: 1 views: 476
PresbyByrd 5 days ago

Hello, I've got a small room I'm trying to use for mixing and vocal tracking (I have a RealTraps PVB for that), which I've...

jayme
replies: 0 views: 245
jayme 6 days ago

Ok so I have a few questions I jus would like to know if I'm doing this correct i have my focus rite issa one pre amp connected...

AzMenaCeLoC
replies: 0 views: 231
AzMenaCeLoC 6 days ago

My studio build is progressing (not professional) and I have a question regarding the main axial length modes in my L-shaped...

Mark Alpine
replies: 2 views: 313
Mark Alpine 6 days ago

Hello gearslutz, before measuring my room with my Sonarworks XRef 20 mic and REW (the mic only contains a trial verison of...

AudioTom2
replies: 2 views: 251
AudioTom2 6 days ago

Hi all! So I've been teaching myself the basics of acoustics over the past couple of weeks and I THINK I've collected the...

kuher
replies: 5 views: 320
kuher 6 days ago

Please help! Reaching out to your collective expertise to please tell me I'm not wasting a collosal amount of time and hard...

LauraAnna
replies: 2 views: 338
LauraAnna 6 days ago

I'm starting to setup my gear in my basement (32' x 30'). This is the first measurement done in REW, It seems I have a big bump...

bluemoon
replies: 3 views: 330
johannburkard 6 days ago

hello i'm nixon i tried building 2 vpr panels and here was my process. the steel is cold rolled 1m x 1.5m x 1.6mm & powder...

datal4b
replies: 40 views: 1,858
datal4b 1 week ago

Like many of us I have found myself in a box room. With weird angles. A door in a tricky spot. A window in a tricky spot. And...

djedga
replies: 9 views: 933
djedga 1 week ago

Hey, I am in the process of re-working and re-treating my home studio space (as documented in this other thread:...

stringsibanez
replies: 2 views: 334
Brian M. Boykin 1 week ago

Hello everybody. I’m planning on building superchunks bass traps that are 20” wide (face). As seen in the picture below I...

cllhcs
replies: 8 views: 414
cllhcs 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search