The No.1 Website for Pro Audio

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

In the last few months I have received a number of requests from forum users regarding the creation of a sticky post listing...

Northward
replies: 3 views: 4,810
Northward 29th December 2019

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 227 views: 321,810
MPC_MAN 7th November 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 81 views: 303,846
HSLand 22nd October 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 112,914
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 246,127
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello everyone, i know this is a annoying topic and maybe this forum is a little bit exaggerated for my little room, but i...

raspiby
replies: 3 views: 196
Bushman 1 hour ago

Hi! I’m looking at moving and renting this apartment. I would setup in the “bedroom” but it’s far from a traditional...

JonGegelman
replies: 8 views: 592
JonGegelman 3 hours ago

Hello, I have a very non-ideal room where I want to produce an EP. Ceiling is heavily angled, highest part of it is about...

madseason
replies: 0 views: 91
madseason 3 hours ago

How would you handle this situation? I'm trying to open a rehearsal studio in a warehouse. So let's make the following...

matt2will
replies: 22 views: 578
Kyle P. Gushue 6 hours ago

In a true dual wall assembly that's decoupled, do the benefits of light gauge steel framing over wood and heavy gauge steel...

matt2will
replies: 7 views: 185
Starlight 7 hours ago

Hi, with apologies if this has been covered already! I've had a good read through every thread I can find, but nothing seems...

Chris1234
replies: 0 views: 115
Chris1234 7 hours ago

As you can see I am new to this forum, I have been here a while grabbing good information as I go. I am in the process of...

RedTone
replies: 40 views: 3,116
SRS 7 hours ago

Hi everyone, One of my first posts around here, thanks for your time and suggestions. I'm beginning to plan converting a...

shaumbs
replies: 6 views: 630
Kyle P. Gushue 10 hours ago

Hello guys, im new to this so sorry in advance if this post is at the wrong place or something. I am moving to a new room next...

Apsilon
replies: 2 views: 198
Kyle P. Gushue 10 hours ago

Got 4 bass traps 2 x 7 Owens Corning custom built by myself. $100 takes all 4 got to come to Cincinnati to get them though.

robotchicken
replies: 0 views: 179
robotchicken 11 hours ago

After taking a long break from playing and writing music I am back at it and in the process of setting up a dedicated space to...

IncenseCedar
replies: 0 views: 192
IncenseCedar 12 hours ago

Can this diffuser be turned into a bass trap if i fill the wells with insulation? And add another layer on top of it and cover...

Erion
replies: 4 views: 243
Erion 13 hours ago

Beyerdynamic has send me attached file. Is it the correct format to use it in Room EQ Wizard?

Jumpy
replies: 1 views: 243
akebrake 13 hours ago

Hello, I'd like to reduce flutter echo in my control room without deadening it too much. I've found some pretty cheap...

Roswell
replies: 84 views: 35,718
Jens Eklund 15 hours ago

How do I delete a thread? I see that the question has already been asked, and I have contributed to it.

audiothings
replies: 7 views: 1,270
GoldenOne 15 hours ago

Here is a rough floor plan of my bedroom studio (ceiling is 7.5') My desk as on the 9'2'' wall (there is approximately...

EpicEsquire
replies: 3 views: 413
johannburkard 20 hours ago

I regularly record my band live in our rehearsal space. I have a 16 track digital recording system which I am happy with. Also, I...

Magnus_N
replies: 9 views: 676
Magnus_N 1 day ago

New to the forum, but it seems like this is where the knowledgeable people are. I'm starting my project to build a drum practice...

Mastiff
replies: 64 views: 1,577
Mastiff 1 day ago

Is this good enough for me to call myself an Acoustic Designer? Hello guys! i'm happy to share the before and after data of my...

Exprymer
replies: 24 views: 700
Exprymer 1 day ago

Hi I’m reading conflicting and confusing answers. Is there a definitive answer to where is best to internaly mount an XLR/TRS...

jml designs
replies: 4 views: 449
Kyle P. Gushue 1 day ago

Anybody using these? HOFA-Akustik Module f They are the cheapest price I have seen yet. Was thinking about ordering some...

anemicrock
replies: 5 views: 15,526
DrMickey 1 day ago

Hi there, I am currently finalizing a financing plan for the construction of a recording studio. My question really only...

Kurt B
replies: 0 views: 454
Kurt B 1 day ago

Last year, I treated my 16 m² room with GIK panels. What I did helped a lot and I may invest some more there but the problems...

johannburkard
replies: 58 views: 3,173
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hello everyone! I need some inspiration! I know there have been a few threats similar to this, but most have become...

Bartolobartus
replies: 6 views: 552
Bartolobartus 1 day ago

I've just finished building the framework for my four corner Superchunks. They are 600mm deep from the very corner of the room to...

Reeeve1
replies: 12 views: 850
hazza26 1 day ago

Hi- hope you’re all gettin time to create great music these days!! I have been researching how best to run a dozen audio...

jml designs
replies: 2 views: 361
jml designs 2 days ago

Anyone have advice in regard to a stone floor? Thanks!

JL1000
replies: 7 views: 421
Bushman 2 days ago

I am looking to open a rehearsal space business and want to provide as best of an acoustic experience even if the room's aren't...

matt2will
replies: 5 views: 414
avare 2 days ago

My monitor tweeters and ear level is at 125 cm or so. GIK acoustics 244 bass traps are 120 cm tall. Sure, I can lower the chair...

purpleduck
replies: 14 views: 537
Jason Foi 2 days ago

I started to build some bass traps and broadband absorbers (RFZ) for my until now untreated room. Just thought I might share some...

Mark Alpine
replies: 4 views: 912
johannburkard 2 days ago

Hi, I'm getting confused with all the information I'm reading online about speaker placement. The good news is, I have cool 3D...

tapes
replies: 4 views: 347
youngteam 2 days ago

I'm building a room in a room on top of a concrete slab. My concern is with keeping sound from leaving the building (other areas...

Mastiff
replies: 8 views: 600
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I'm planning out yet another studio build. This one will be a mix/production room with new, foundation-up construction. The plan...

EMMST
replies: 10 views: 844
Kyle P. Gushue 2 days ago

I'm in the final stages of constructing the isolation for my studio- this forum has been a tremendous resource. kfhkh My outer...

pinki
replies: 4 views: 442
pinki 2 days ago

There is a VERY similiar garage conversion project here: 2 Car Garage conversion to studio. Looks like the OP does not post on...

In The Mix
replies: 9 views: 1,042
Kyle P. Gushue 3 days ago

I am moving and just about to close on a house that has a dedicated 14x17 room for my studio. Everything is good to go however I...

Volume424
replies: 4 views: 572
Volume424 3 days ago

Hi, as per title. I've been emailing Stuart and paid him for some studio design advice. Life is busy and I needed quicker...

Chris1234
replies: 8 views: 869
bert stoltenborg 3 days ago

I want to build a Newell control room with a hard front and flush-mounted monitors. I have Newell's book "Recording Studio...

chrismeraz
replies: 10 views: 664
chrismeraz 3 days ago

So after years of focusing somewhat more on function than form, I decided that I would begin the process of upgrading some of the...

stringsibanez
replies: 29 views: 3,270
johannburkard 3 days ago

there! This is my first post and REW measurements :) I've done my best to learn from the experts on this forum to build...

Freedom_Finder
replies: 17 views: 936
johannburkard 3 days ago

I’m looking for an acoustician/studio designer who can help me build a new studio in France. I am in the planning phase. The...

chrismeraz
replies: 12 views: 1,248
johannburkard 3 days ago

Hi guys. I am currently living in a one room apartment, with no option to rent another place for a studio. I want to organize...

Jeki
replies: 1 views: 322
Starlight 3 days ago

I have just finished building my first dedicated home studio but could do with some connections advice. I have an Apollo twin and...

devvo
replies: 17 views: 665
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hi, could you point to a drawing of how to install an acoustic window in a two leaf system? I have someone to build it and istall...

memocn59
replies: 10 views: 766
Northward 4 days ago

I need to flush mount my monitors into a simple, flat drywall wall. However, they are big, and I want to angle them to form a...

firehouse12
replies: 1 views: 567
Jason Foi 4 days ago

Hi forum, I'm intrigued by the idea of building a listening room without any parallel surfaces, so naturally I've been lead to...

jonlanghoff
replies: 16 views: 972
jonlanghoff 4 days ago

Hey Guys, I did a lot of research in the forums but couldn't find a proper answer to some of my questions. I've been trying...

Frank GH
replies: 3 views: 443
johannburkard 4 days ago

I am taking the plunge and designing an isolation enclosure (to avoid the term "booth") that is going to have thousands...

sethsquatch
replies: 37 views: 38,530
Krollman 4 days ago

anyone knows if finishing my concrete basement floor will yield the same acoustic as bare concrete ? I'm finishing my basement...

Badaboom
replies: 1 views: 535
Kyle P. Gushue 5 days ago

Is there a Wall Construction materials cost calculator website or app? For example, let’s say you are considering building...

MariusPerron
replies: 3 views: 458
MariusPerron 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search