The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 224 views: 294,767
bert stoltenborg 1 week ago

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 107,423
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 284,119
sicfigure 20th February 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 225,860
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello all i got an empty room ( front wall height is 2.3m room is 3 meters wide and the lenght is 4.9 meters) What is the...

gedna
replies: 85 views: 2,005
Synthpark 2 hours ago

Needing a cheap alternative to bought speaker dampeners I sliced a cork into 9 rounds and placed 3 rounds under each of my front...

Apebot
replies: 5 views: 214
bert stoltenborg 2 hours ago

Hello, I asked for advice here in the past year about building my own bass traps and a lot of nice folks helped me out, so I...

dramis
replies: 64 views: 14,314
TJ5 4 hours ago

I am recording voiceover with a CAD e100s and an audient id14. I recently made a booth out of PVC and moving blankets and put it...

ArthurMa
replies: 4 views: 248
Soundman2020 5 hours ago

I’ve been asking lots of questions lately so I thought I’d post some build progress. Attached is a picture of the...

BJosephs
replies: 44 views: 2,438
BJosephs 12 hours ago

I've read that when OC 703 is more than 4 or 6inches deep that its rigidity starts to reflect low frequencies back into the...

EastNashRocker
replies: 4 views: 243
avare 15 hours ago

Hi Ethan - Audiophile room I’ve put thick (4inch) 24 by 48 (gik ) panels at first reflection points. Ceiling front wall ...

HowardMil
replies: 2 views: 160
avare 16 hours ago

Hi, I am considering stacking an additional identical pair of monitors (inversed) on top of my existing set. I am aware that...

TheGreatGazoo
replies: 37 views: 1,350
TheGreatGazoo 19 hours ago

Hey Guys, Endgame here is to build a suite in the unfinished basement of my new (not newly built) home. For now I'm still...

Jcoop
replies: 23 views: 819
RyanC 20 hours ago

I am nearing completion of my studio project (mix & tracking room w/drums, baby grand piano, guitars, vocals, and e-piano in...

formula428
replies: 24 views: 928
formula428 20 hours ago

I am recording an acoustic guitar in stereo using XY technique and have a question regarding gain staging. One of the microphones...

camomiletea
replies: 2 views: 280
camomiletea 21 hours ago

Hello to the Gearslutz audio community, this is my first post in here Very recently I finished making SuperChunk style corner...

Xteon
replies: 11 views: 492
bert stoltenborg 23 hours ago

Hey guys. Super quick question. I’m treating my room right now 16’8”x 11’2”. If my math is right the 38% sweet spot...

Bolt audio
replies: 1 views: 302
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello Everyone, Excited to be here as I begin my new journey in this newly rented apartment. Hope to use this post as a great...

recaro19
replies: 64 views: 2,112
akebrake 1 day ago

This is going to be a bit of a long one, so stay with me... For the last couple of years, ive been operating out of a garage,...

NextDefault
replies: 1 views: 242
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello all, Love this forum. I've been lurking here for years. Several of you have written books. I have bought and read...

BobJencks
replies: 9 views: 451
Adhoc 1 day ago

Hi Guys, this is my first message, I live in a very expensive city in Canada, and i am about to move from my little studio. I...

mikegolden
replies: 4 views: 383
johannburkard 1 day ago

Hi guys, So I got my Behringer ECM8000 and did a measurement test with Rode's FuzzMeasure yesterday, and got the response...

St0rMl0rD
replies: 11 views: 453
akebrake 1 day ago

My live room is 110"w x 144"L x 81" ~(9'w x 12'L x 6'9"h) Floor is concrete. 3 walls are cinder block. 4th...

AudioWonderland
replies: 11 views: 498
Soundman2020 2 days ago

Hey guys. Super quick question. I’m treating my room right now 16’8”x 11’2”. If my math is right the 38% sweet spot...

Bolt audio
replies: 23 views: 740
musicus 2 days ago

I recall someone offered pre-made bag / covers you could slip your own fiber boards into? Can't seem to find them now. Anyone...

Wayne
replies: 3 views: 351
Wayne 2 days ago

So I posted a thread a few weeks ago about lining some sound proof baffles we made and got a bajillion different conflicting...

jml designs
replies: 12 views: 478
Northward 2 days ago

I didn't know it, maybe others do. And maybe some people understand it. gooof

bert stoltenborg
replies: 10 views: 407
Soundman2020 3 days ago

It's low cost and lightweight. I'm not hanging heavy expensive QRDs and don't need that either, only need to kill the...

Deckdaddy
replies: 6 views: 463
JayPee 4 days ago

Hi Guys I have built a room where I'm flush mounting my Quested VH3208. The problem is there appears to be no switch to adapt...

rudie152
replies: 4 views: 332
bert stoltenborg 4 days ago

Hey guys, So following on from my last post, this weekend just gone I grabbed a measurement mic and did lots and lots of...

Twiggy
replies: 60 views: 1,520
Twiggy 5 days ago

Hello, everyone. 1. Would a room have flat frequency response from 30Hz to 20kHz if all reflected frequencies above 30Hz were...

In Nashville
replies: 5 views: 414
Synthpark 5 days ago

Hey! I am moving into a new house and there is a small room in the basement I want to turn into a live recording room for drums...

leorleorleor
replies: 2 views: 315
GYMusic 5 days ago

Hey! I recently moved to a bigger apartment and I've decided to use the spare bedroom as a music studio. I'll be recording guitar...

murvar
replies: 6 views: 403
johannburkard 5 days ago

Greetings, I have an idea to build a poly roughly 7' 3" wide and 4' tall on the back wall of my room, which is roughly 18'...

flatpicksam
replies: 0 views: 288
flatpicksam 6 days ago

Heya everyone, I just registered because I'm pretty lost in my case here. I have rebuilt/upgraded my studio and wanted to add a...

Steambuggy
replies: 0 views: 281
Steambuggy 6 days ago

Hello everybody, This is a new thread for an improved diffusive small control room acoustic design for surround and stereo...

boggy
replies: 117 views: 20,881
boggy 6 days ago

Any advice to these baffles before I add the final layer of insulation and screw them closed? I’m cutting the 6” ducts on...

jml designs
replies: 35 views: 1,737
avare 6 days ago

Hello guys, You helped me tremendously treating my bedroom, but now I'm getting a dedicated room. And I have few questions. The...

JanZoo
replies: 1 views: 368
JanZoo 6 days ago

Hello all, I have spent hours trying to improve my terrible sounding room and finally understood the main issue was modes....

eox
replies: 3 views: 541
MusicMixer28 6 days ago

Hello everyone! As I will do a room renovation soon I decided to take that opportunity to finally buy moniors, treat the room...

tomallo99
replies: 12 views: 512
tomallo99 1 week ago

Hello, We got 20cm of ceiling high to scarify. And the question is, what type of Rockwool would do the better...

Sonic_X
replies: 11 views: 463
Sonic_X 1 week ago

This question was on the end of another thread which isn't getting noticed, so I thought I'd re ask here. Please refer to the...

princeplanet
replies: 10 views: 451
princeplanet 1 week ago

Hi, I need to soundproof(as well as possible) my drum room since my neighbor started complaining about the noise. The main wall...

rcd
replies: 2 views: 431
JayPee 1 week ago

This build will be on the 7th and top floor of an office building. The level 7 neighbours will be other production suites or...

princeplanet
replies: 4 views: 556
JayPee 1 week ago

Hello everyone! I run a small to medium sized studio and I have had a tone of power issues since moving into a new space. It...

alexhirlinger
replies: 8 views: 386
Speedskater 1 week ago

Over time I have noted that various posters have discovered actual Gas Flow Resistivity figures for commonly used materials. I...

DanDan
replies: 171 views: 52,831
capoeira 1 week ago

Hi, While pulling a jack cable out of a monitor speaker, the connector broke and remained stuck in the plug. I think I could...

Donedeal0
replies: 11 views: 379
Donedeal0 1 week ago

Hi all, My employer will soon be fitting out a new room as a studio/control room for editing and mixing. While I’m not sure...

groovenz
replies: 3 views: 364
groovenz 1 week ago

Anyone use these for livingroom HIFI? On nice stands I can see them providing nice room filling music. They offer flat response...

Elsapo2001
replies: 11 views: 1,149
johannburkard 1 week ago

I've stumbled upon the information that human hearing is not affected severely from nulls in the frequency response, instead,...

engin
replies: 52 views: 2,705
dinococcus 1 week ago

I live on a main road with many cars driving by all day and my studio room is on the 2nd floor with 4 windows. Is it even worth...

edaub1
replies: 2 views: 350
Soundman2020 1 week ago

Hi, Hope everyone is doing well. Posting after a long time! So, I am in a situation where I foresee myself moving to a new...

LoveEnigma
replies: 8 views: 736
LoveEnigma 1 week ago

Hey guys, this is the first time that I am making my own corner bass traps. (Prior to this point I had someone built them for...

producerxtr
replies: 28 views: 695
producerxtr 1 week ago

Hi all, I'm hearing contradicting thoughts about how effective is Ultratouch at low frequencies. In my room, I'm more...

teomi
replies: 12 views: 545
RyanC 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search