The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Forum  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 222 views: 291,877
DownSideUp 8th June 2019

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 214 views: 106,324
Jens Eklund 26th April 2019

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 80 views: 281,775
sicfigure 20th February 2019

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 224,288
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hello, so I’m in the process of building a home bedroom studio in my home. I’ll be using it for mixing and tracking and...

Edp8877
replies: 7 views: 366
johannburkard 2 hours ago

I’ve been asking lots of questions lately so I thought I’d post some build progress. Attached is a picture of the...

BJosephs
replies: 12 views: 1,030
BJosephs 2 hours ago

Picture 1 is practical because of the window view. Picture 2 to gives more symmetry for absorbers. I'm thinking picture 2 is the...

Trebor75
replies: 0 views: 171
Trebor75 9 hours ago

Hi! I'm at the last step of my studio build, choosing monitors! I looked forward to upgrade my current super cheap 15 year old...

ostfisk
replies: 15 views: 820
ostfisk 12 hours ago

Hey there, Just as a double check, If have an area that is approx 1.4m by 70cm and I want to put a 2D QRD there is is...

Channel time
replies: 13 views: 1,688
almaelectronix 21 hours ago

Hello all, I'm slowly starting to put together my makeshift workspace, and I need to decide what I want to do with my...

zakarot
replies: 3 views: 351
zakarot 21 hours ago

Hey all, I was wondering how many of you all have built or installed isolation transformers to either get zero out line noise or...

deuc647
replies: 2 views: 689
deuc647 23 hours ago

Hello all has anyone using or tested Caruso iso bond acoustic panels? it looks like its completely safe to your health versus...

gedna
replies: 16 views: 824
david_sxb 23 hours ago

My room is 10'3 by 10'6 and I was resigned to the troubles of a squarish room. However, I read a thread here recently suggesting...

BJosephs
replies: 0 views: 637
BJosephs 1 day ago

Okay, hear me out before you have a heart attack. I have a room that I am converting to a vocal room. Right now it has the most...

unclemilford
replies: 3 views: 575
unclemilford 1 day ago

Hello all, how does constant (one month) humid environment affect the 703 and 705 panels? I am planing to store them in a...

Rokus666
replies: 5 views: 716
Sebg 1 day ago

Hey everyone, I just moved into a new apartment with a cool little 10x10 den that I’m converting into a mixing room....

timeghost
replies: 2 views: 459
Soundman2020 1 day ago

Hello, does anyone know where I can buy door lite kit that will be used to put in a solid door? I do a lot of work at a...

Thearch
replies: 0 views: 430
Thearch 1 day ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 32 views: 2,255
Rollofonico 2 days ago

On another forum I saw one of our regulars extol the advantages of a car for listening because among other things no parallel...

avare
replies: 13 views: 617
pencilextremist 2 days ago

I know that monitors selection is subjective, but I want some light to help me decide between the two. The question is primarily...

LoveEnigma
replies: 6 views: 522
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi, as the title suggests already - could anyone tell me what decay times are, well, acceptable? I have a really bad sounding...

yentz
replies: 3 views: 697
Skol303 2 days ago

Hi GS-ers, I have been given the use of a small room (3x4x3m) rent free – to use as my video editing suite – on the...

nicklear
replies: 7 views: 468
nicklear 2 days ago

Hello, I'm in the process of building a project studio/practice space in an external garage/shed in my back yard. I'm at a...

seandoe
replies: 8 views: 657
seandoe 2 days ago

Hello again dear Gearslutz community! I have used this great resource in the past with a friend of mine when we built a fairly...

[email protected]
replies: 31 views: 3,472
GregAnikin 2 days ago

Hi all, I am hoping that some of you can help me make a few decisions as I am preparing to build a new room for mixing and...

Lewis Robertson
replies: 0 views: 554
Lewis Robertson 2 days ago

There is a VERY similiar garage conversion project here: 2 Car Garage conversion to studio. Looks like the OP does not post on...

In The Mix
replies: 5 views: 667
In The Mix 3 days ago

Hi All. Hoping for studio designer recommendations for an NYC based spoken word production studio. Thanks -

bfovermars
replies: 3 views: 525
bfovermars 3 days ago

G'day guys. My apologies in advance as a few of the guys that I have read fairly knowledgeable responses from in previous...

CaptainBuff
replies: 12 views: 858
CaptainBuff 3 days ago

Hi Guys. I'm a drummer, I'm looking for some advice on getting as much isolation as possible from my neighbours. I play drums...

pdrummos
replies: 0 views: 576
pdrummos 3 days ago

My listening room has a concrete ceiling that is hidden by a "drywall ceiling". In the attached image, the blue...

ViniciusM
replies: 41 views: 1,301
ViniciusM 3 days ago

I am having an bit of an issue with noise/buzz in my home studio, but it is only when a guitar is plugged in. It also seems to...

SRC1022
replies: 3 views: 495
SRC1022 3 days ago

Hi all, Want some advice/opinions on best way to go about my studio project. We have an extension on a newly-purchased house...

drunmersteve
replies: 1 views: 589
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hi acoustics folks! I get really great results tracking multiple vocalists and string instruments live to multitrack in my small...

trubadoor
replies: 1 views: 689
trubadoor 3 days ago

I'm seeing stuff about Cara or Camira but can't find a conclusive list of what's good or where to get it from. I'm UK based if...

matt_ew
replies: 14 views: 776
pencilextremist 3 days ago

Test equipment: Barefoot MM27 Gen II REW Apogee Element 24 Earthworks M30 Room dimensions: ~13’ 5”x~17”...

arterii
replies: 1 views: 386
Jason Foi 3 days ago

I'm planning to build a 4'x6'x7' booth, and the way my math is working out, it'd take 144 squares of 2"x12"x12"...

Dohreetoh
replies: 4 views: 582
Dohreetoh 4 days ago

I'm working on building a practice room in my basement. I measured 95db in the existing practice room and 85db in the Living room...

LegGodt
replies: 4 views: 1,449
Soundman2020 4 days ago

Ola. Currently house purchase hunting here in the uk and am finding, trying to find a detatched room suitable for...

weirdfishee
replies: 3 views: 518
Soundman2020 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I came across this company called NanKarrow through their official distributor in my country....

LoveEnigma
replies: 2 views: 429
LoveEnigma 5 days ago

Hello, I recently treated my studio with bass traps, a cloud over my mixing desk, and various foam treatments on the wall. The...

metaBit
replies: 79 views: 3,308
bert stoltenborg 5 days ago

Hello! I have a 7.2 X 4.9m tracking room which has been reduced to around 6 X 4m after treatment (around 40cm of low density...

camomiletea
replies: 1 views: 467
bert stoltenborg 5 days ago

Hi guys, Okay so I would like some advice on treating the acoustics of my room which is a loft conversion. The flooring is...

gongy1
replies: 24 views: 821
akebrake 5 days ago

I am nearing completion of my studio project (mix & tracking room w/drums, baby grand piano, guitars, vocals, and e-piano in...

formula428
replies: 17 views: 603
akebrake 5 days ago

We are breaking ground in 2 weeks on new studio build. A little faster than I anticipated so I feel a little late bringing this...

AudioEnginerdz
replies: 52 views: 1,210
avare 5 days ago

Hi I have DIY soundproofed my small wooden shed quite well for my purposes and location and now I'm working on the DIY...

Seos
replies: 51 views: 1,963
Seos 6 days ago

Hello! first time in this forum, even though I read bunch of them didn't understand 10% of it.. anyway I just finished...

shimoyjk
replies: 15 views: 984
avare 6 days ago

Hello friends, I have a 16x20ft detached garage, with all exposed studs, and concrete slab floor. Down the road I may hire...

bowzin
replies: 0 views: 478
bowzin 6 days ago

Hello I want to build some acoustic panels for my home studio. However, the Home Depot in my area has none of the...

lossleader
replies: 6 views: 552
lossleader 1 week ago

Hey all! I'm wondering if anyone here has dealt with building a 2-3 leaf window system for an exterior window? I have been...

ltsmash
replies: 2 views: 691
ltsmash 1 week ago

i've seen a couple of questions here regarding how to tune helmholtz resonators. i think those are very easy to build & tune...

karumba
replies: 103 views: 56,177
JayPee 1 week ago

Hello, anyone have an idea what would be the cause of this wide dip from 300 to 1000Hz? Speakers are new to me ( Genelec 1038A...

jpo
replies: 48 views: 4,455
johannburkard 1 week ago

Would this work and be considered a "professional" mechanism to take advantage of? Or is there a different software...

BrainCheck123
replies: 6 views: 678
Soundman2020 1 week ago

First off, I'm a complete amateur in need of help. I own a Fifine Condenser Microphone K669...

BooneyBones
replies: 1 views: 453
mpr 1 week ago

I'm looking for a CAD software for drawing plans and 3D models of rooms and acoustic treatment. Any recommendations?

andow
replies: 8 views: 696
Northward 1 week ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search