The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 272,446
neopl 27th September 2018

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 99,389
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 263,983
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 212,691
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

So I got this old 1.5’ x 2’ subwoofer box out of my old car and instead of selling it, was thinking of using it as a bass...

iamkimosabi
replies: 4 views: 123
Kimo_Beats 5 minutes ago

Hello, A while ago I created a thread in which I described my issues with loss of LOW frequencies in the listening position....

neopl
replies: 5 views: 269
neopl 1 hour ago

I have a small home studio setup. Due to its size I bought Yamaha HS5's because they are a perfect fit... I would like to know if...

FourFour
replies: 15 views: 525
deedeeyeah 2 hours ago

I was doing some green glue sheetrock installation this week and thought I would share a green glue application method that was...

quincyg
replies: 8 views: 713
Jason Foi 3 hours ago

I have acoustic treatment in my room (4" bass traps on corners, and one directly behind me centered on the wall. There are...

auralart
replies: 285 views: 26,718
dinococcus 5 hours ago

I ordered some monitor isolation pads but I'm curious why I can't just use thick ass towels to have under them

rudyhooks
replies: 6 views: 279
bert stoltenborg 6 hours ago

Hi, I have heard varying opinions and advice in the past about what direction to fire the speakers with a ceiling that is not...

audioforce
replies: 52 views: 585
deedeeyeah 7 hours ago

Hi Guys :) I want to use my garage for music produce and recording vocals. I dont know anything about recording and Im really not...

ali1997
replies: 1 views: 223
Subverter 13 hours ago

Hey all howdy So I have Adam A7x's on Iso Acoustic stands, on my desk. I need to raise the speakers by a few inches, but don't...

Overdriver23
replies: 3 views: 201
Jason Foi 14 hours ago

Hi, Where is there a good chart / list of "desirable" room dimensions? I'm still thinking of having a shed built...

audioforce
replies: 23 views: 480
audioforce 18 hours ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 35 views: 1,122
Dan Vernall 18 hours ago

Hi, new here and couldn’t find any topic about my question....when a manufacturer recommends a distance to place your speakers...

Aka_bob
replies: 0 views: 68
Aka_bob 19 hours ago

Hello everyone, i've build a studio from scratch in my house, i've worked on it for about a year (including renovating the Studer...

Jpastor
replies: 56 views: 1,564
Jpastor 20 hours ago

I know this is occasionally a contentious issue but... We just moved to a new house. Brand new, first occupants. My recording...

SoundSlinger
replies: 23 views: 602
Speedskater 23 hours ago

I haven't had much luck getting to the bottom of this in other threads (which were started for different reasons) or older...

thechrisl
replies: 6 views: 286
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I want to purchase 2 Genelec S30D’s. The cabinets have scratches, gouges, worn edges. Genelec has no more cabinets. Can...

HelenaBzg
replies: 1 views: 167
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hello! After many inspirational threads here I decided to go public too. The more thoughts the merrier. ;) Long story short:...

pfg
replies: 257 views: 20,943
Berndalen 1 day ago

hello I ordered a study furniture from the website acoustic-panels.eu, after the delay of one month and after several request...

grignacarbo
replies: 17 views: 625
Deadkid 1 day ago

Hi everyone, first off thanks so much for all of your help already. There is so much good information on this forum! I'm...

emilabramyan
replies: 6 views: 292
Jason Foi 1 day ago

I just bought a studio space and have relocated my business. It's a great space except for one thing. In the large recording...

spectrasound
replies: 11 views: 415
Noisewagon 1 day ago

I've been thinking about trying to start my own studio. My initial though was that the easiest (and cheapest) space would be a...

karlkaardal
replies: 10 views: 2,727
din 1 day ago

Hi everyone, Just moved into a new house, and I'm looking for advice on treating my new studio space. I've been searching...

neoncluster
replies: 0 views: 180
neoncluster 1 day ago

Hi all, So out of plain laziness I set up my acoustic panels like this onto both sides of my studio desk. But then started...

MusicSimplified
replies: 0 views: 201
MusicSimplified 2 days ago

Hi everybody! First timer here - great forum! I am looking to build a (approximately 3m x 2.5) vocal booth/enclosure for then...

lonvoc
replies: 5 views: 275
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Her is a paper about the subject matter who knows a thing or two about acoustics. Andre

avare
replies: 61 views: 31,771
DanielSu 2 days ago

Hello, im looking to purchase some high density eco friendly acoustic materials for building panels such as cotton or polyester...

sp4rxx
replies: 1 views: 224
mikesemecmusic 2 days ago

I see tons of studios where they either have diffusors one the back wall or from wall of mix position. can some explain that...

passionmax
replies: 1 views: 242
Jason Foi 2 days ago

So, I got my Yamaha HS7's today and these are my first speakers and I'm new to setting these up and stuff. I attached a pic of...

rudyhooks
replies: 1 views: 199
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Ok here is... First, I wanted to thanks all the experts here (you know who you are) for being so nice sharing your experiences...

JayPee
replies: 54 views: 2,300
JayPee 2 days ago

Hello guys, I made a vocal booth for recording voiceovers and I am new to RoomEQ Wizard. I have calibrated and just finished...

The0
replies: 0 views: 192
The0 2 days ago

Hello folks I own a half acre lot behind my house in the country, it is fairly level and has some beautiful views. I want to...

Eatpeople420
replies: 22 views: 2,329
dwirth 2 days ago

Hello all I found this article about a new tuneable bass trap down to 40 Hz The TPDA or the Tuneable Pistonic Diaphragmatic...

andrebrito
replies: 15 views: 632
melopie 3 days ago

So I have started renovating my 150 year old barn, and a large part of the project is a studio build within the barn. There in...

schobersound
replies: 9 views: 615
Northward 3 days ago

I've got a pretty small room that I use to record and mix music, I've ordered a bunch of acoustic tiles and bass traps but not...

TylerCB
replies: 19 views: 446
Temple of Light 3 days ago

The purpose for this room is techno music production.. Currently, I have 8 sound panels in the room and 2 (half assed) bass...

Owners1
replies: 4 views: 227
avare 3 days ago

Hi im tryin to sound proof my room or reduce noise transmiting as much as possible. someoone recommended me to use MLV aka mass...

TomcaTT87
replies: 41 views: 3,253
Temple of Light 3 days ago

Hey guys first time poster here. I’ve done a fair amount of reading but couldn’t find anything on my specific problem....

tek_soul
replies: 14 views: 418
Bushman 3 days ago

I need some help treating my office. Each morning I’ve been going in early to narrate audiobooks before my students arrive, and...

OrchDork
replies: 3 views: 275
OrchDork 3 days ago

Hello, I was hoping that some of you might be able to point me in the right direction with my room. I created a bunch of bass...

neopl
replies: 37 views: 1,177
neopl 3 days ago

I’m moving into a studio that is 4,39m long x 3,95m wide and 3,4m high. Sound proofing is not a concern by I’m wondering how...

Lutz1972
replies: 10 views: 280
avare 3 days ago

Firstly id like to thank everyone who helped my last questions on here. Now neither an extension or conversion of outbuilding...

douglass
replies: 9 views: 356
Jason Foi 3 days ago

This is all by ear, so absent REW measurements mind you, so please pretty please bear with me..... I have a small mixing/vocal...

g.t.
replies: 15 views: 507
avare 3 days ago

I'm building some DIY diffusers for a live room/listening room. There are small gaps between the well bottoms and the well fins....

Jerbery
replies: 24 views: 1,243
Randy0223 3 days ago

This is my studio (more or less correct dimensions): My Studio Setup - Album on Imgur Thanks for your help!

lonelyulf
replies: 1 views: 221
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hey guys, I'm in the process of building a new home studio / mixing room, and I'm trying to reduce background noise. I live...

willmarshall
replies: 3 views: 193
Jason Foi 3 days ago

Hey there, Facebook flooding with some adverts of Acoustic Panels Store. Friendly prices and nice pics, but no measurement...

Sonic_X
replies: 34 views: 7,699
Deadkid 4 days ago

Hey! I'm in the process of setting up my home studio - it'll be mostly for mixing, but also sometimes for tracking electric...

yungbuck
replies: 1 views: 188
g.t. 4 days ago

Meaning the control room gear and tracking room are all in the same room. Anyone have good experience with this? Bad experience?...

crzmky
replies: 14 views: 1,917
audioforce 4 days ago

Anyone know if an infrared heater (1000watt) can be damaging to mics and audio equipment or interfere with sound? Thanks in...

Simon Xang
replies: 1 views: 208
RyanC 4 days ago

Hi guys, I am running a Behringer P16-I in control room to a P16-M in my booth and wondering about the cat 5 cabling. If I...

Simon Xang
replies: 1 views: 205
RyanC 4 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search