The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Sponsored By
Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 218 views: 277,589
neopl 27th September 2018

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 204 views: 100,890
JRivs 8th September 2018

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 268,568
DanDan 3rd April 2018

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 215,688
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hey, I'm considering building a mixing studio in a Yurt and found out that the best option to insulate the tent-house is to use a...

bamsehopp
replies: 0 views: 8
bamsehopp 12 minutes ago

Hi everyone ! I'm about to finish the treatment of a small mixing room. A lot of issues have been tackled but there's still a...

ajneye
replies: 2 views: 77
ajneye 26 minutes ago

I am sure that there is already a thread like that, but I can't find it anywhere else. I was wondering what are the greatest...

laperlestudio
replies: 22 views: 714
Skol303 29 minutes ago

Hi, I am considering stacking an additional identical pair of monitors (inversed) on top of my existing set. I am aware that...

TheGreatGazoo
replies: 27 views: 520
audioforce 2 hours ago

Hi gearslutterz! My name is Simon, I've read the forums for years, but never had to register and seek advice before, until...

Deviance
replies: 3 views: 238
Bushman 4 hours ago

Hello, I’m in the process of constructing my wall assemblies. I have chosen to go with the decoupled double wall assemblies....

EKG Productions
replies: 2 views: 217
EKG Productions 6 hours ago

I was searching all over the web, and i cant seem to find any Studio contractors. I would like to build a few in NYC. Any...

hmnyusa
replies: 0 views: 101
hmnyusa 6 hours ago

Hi Folks, 2 month ago i've decided to treat my recording/mixing room in my flat . I had a crush on the eco friendly, non...

Maoz
replies: 1 views: 177
Temple of Light 7 hours ago

There are several possibilities to go about my mission for a quiet apartment. First solution is live on top floor. Check. Second...

QuietSleepNow
replies: 4 views: 266
Jason Foi 9 hours ago

I've ended up with some extra bass traps for my production room, 4 x Gik 244s and 2 x no name DIY pieces. Enough to cover 240cm...

mat1
replies: 1 views: 226
johnnyc 13 hours ago

Anyone use these for livingroom HIFI? On nice stands I can see them providing nice room filling music. They offer flat response...

Elsapo2001
replies: 3 views: 169
Elsapo2001 13 hours ago

howdy slutz. I'm confused about something. I've searched the web. i own Rod's book and I've built numerous studio projects but...

le mieux
replies: 0 views: 119
le mieux 13 hours ago

Hi, got a Fame W200 desk with Munro Egg 150's sitting up on the 'meter bridge' shelf. REW shows unwanted added frequencies around...

Denta
replies: 27 views: 1,054
akebrake 14 hours ago

Greetings everyone, This is my first post on Gearslutz. I have tried to read as much as possible but still I can't find a...

sergiofds
replies: 17 views: 516
sergiofds 15 hours ago

I read on a web site dedicated to LED bulbs that they have varying degrees of success when used with dimmers. My current spec for...

bom619
replies: 18 views: 9,728
Victory Pete 16 hours ago

I'm likely moving into a home that has a fantastic space for both recording and living. Basically, an entire floor of a house...

kafka
replies: 2 views: 266
RyanC 17 hours ago

Hi all, Pretty sure this question hasn't been asked. So on the BBC A10 style panels, as I understand it one would build a...

arsonculture
replies: 3 views: 207
arsonculture 17 hours ago

hello there! I need your advice please. I'm building a small detached composing / mixing / editing studio in LA. I got a good...

le mieux
replies: 4 views: 272
xcycle 21 hours ago

I have dual computer monitor setup, but it had a problem of blocking one studio monitor. Because I like the main computer...

qkrzazzang
replies: 1 views: 213
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, I've been doing a lot of voice overs recently and am wanting to upgrade my setup. I've decided the best place to put...

Jackash
replies: 1 views: 304
Berndalen 1 day ago

What is the quietest mini split AC system? I thought they were all as loud as the unit in my studio. I walked into another studio...

brandoncross
replies: 38 views: 15,520
toddg 1 day ago

Hi all John in the UK here. After a lot of research here and elsewhere, and after reading Rod Gervais's book, I have hired...

jpmch
replies: 149 views: 4,650
davidrowthorn 1 day ago

Hi, I have a room which is 19 feet long x 13 feet wide x 10 feet high.It is a solid concrete shell . The room acoustics were...

Blue Bus
replies: 43 views: 2,259
RyanC 1 day ago

Hi, I´m building my recording studio. I know my dimenssions and resources aren´t ideal but I´m trying to do best with I...

memocn59
replies: 2 views: 281
RyanC 1 day ago

Hi everyone, first poster here! I'm building a garden drum practice studio using a double stud wall on concrete slab...

davidrowthorn
replies: 2 views: 208
davidrowthorn 2 days ago

I have a very heavy HDF bookshelf, 72" x 72" x 15.5" deep (arranged as 16 squares) and we were going to throw it...

formula428
replies: 7 views: 409
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi, I have a question for any professional studio designers that may be able to answer. For the purposes of the question,...

audioforce
replies: 9 views: 405
nms 2 days ago

I'm looking for the right spot for my Xtouch, and I'm going to build a little desktop stand for it to angle it up, so it's easier...

jsbenson
replies: 3 views: 219
jsbenson 2 days ago

I stumbled across an interesting article over at Sound on Sound written by studio design consultant Carl Tatz. I'm not sure if...

Slogun
replies: 264 views: 18,721
Arichlsss 2 days ago

I'm currently putting rockwool in the ceiling and I want white fabric on top. I realised in my other thread that you need 2 cm of...

ostfisk
replies: 12 views: 559
ostfisk 2 days ago

Hey, I've been looking at people living in Yurts (mongolian tent-houses) on youtube (example. YouTube) for a while and was...

bamsehopp
replies: 3 views: 235
RyanC 2 days ago

Drilling isnt really an issue but Im looking for an easier solution.. can I use some sort of 3m commander tapes? Any...

qkrzazzang
replies: 1 views: 210
Starlight 2 days ago

Hi, I am trying to figure out if there is any possibility to recover bad interference of 31hz at my room without changing a...

Galileon
replies: 41 views: 1,023
Galileon 2 days ago

I'm putting up a bunch of 2" Corning 703 panels in 2 iso booths. I ordered them with open backs (703 exposed) If I space...

spectrasound
replies: 2 views: 332
aleatoric 3 days ago

Hi, In a biggish room , if I want to put absorbent material on the walls, and maybe the ceiling , how thick do you think the...

audioforce
replies: 15 views: 687
audioforce 3 days ago

Hello I'm building a home studio (semi-pro) and I'm trying to figure out a few things. I've read a lot (!) of information here...

Sarrova
replies: 4 views: 347
Sarrova 3 days ago

Hey there! Waffle By now I had hoped that the studio I had been planning would be under construction. In fact, the plans have...

Jamming
replies: 17 views: 3,570
Jamming 4 days ago

Hello friends - My time has finally come, and I'm getting ready to start building my first studio from scratch. I've...

ritteraf
replies: 12 views: 488
ritteraf 4 days ago

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of treating my room and here's my current graphs... Both L+R speakers on and tested from both...

Dryza
replies: 14 views: 701
Dryza 4 days ago

I’ve searched the forums and not found anything exactly like this. My vocal recording space at work (high school teacher) is...

OrchDork
replies: 2 views: 306
dinococcus 4 days ago

I'm wanting a decent amount of acoustic panels (4-6), preferably 2 feet by 4 feet by 2 inches however I cant find them under 200$...

Mrdrumminmachine
replies: 9 views: 451
garysjo 4 days ago

Hi, I've built over a dozen production rooms in various small offices, extra bedrooms, basements, whole floor of homes, etc......

hammond231
replies: 10 views: 252
hammond231 4 days ago

Hi Folks. I can't source green glue where I am - New Zealand. Has anyone had any success or can suggest alternatives? The...

nzl62
replies: 78 views: 22,674
norton 4 days ago
replies: 6 views: 358
bgood 4 days ago

Ok here is... First, I wanted to thanks all the experts here (you know who you are) for being so nice sharing your experiences...

JayPee
replies: 67 views: 3,482
akebrake 4 days ago

Hello everyone, Been a passing/passive reader and recently I’ve taken up to build a small video post studio and would like to...

Hexagonal
replies: 3 views: 460
Hexagonal 4 days ago

OK, so I’m a fan of room correction software. My weapon of choice is Dirac Live (I’ve also used Sonarworks) and I achieve...

Skol303
replies: 77 views: 4,911
Skol303 4 days ago

For those interested, a partner of ours showed me that new product a few weeks ago. It is meant to be used as constrained...

Northward
replies: 4 views: 612
Northward 5 days ago

Hi everyone, I have been searching & reading through similar threads trying to find a solution for an on-going problem of...

mgreiner07
replies: 20 views: 511
mgreiner07 5 days ago

I'm renting a house that has what my landlord believes to have been a practice space in the yard. I'm in the process of cleaning...

tchase
replies: 4 views: 340
Jon Best 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search