The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced

Studio building / acoustics

Options
Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post

If you're looking for the quickest way to get started, I suggest checking out 1c, 2b, and 2a. These briefly and simply cover the...

Torea
replies: 79 views: 251,015
DanDan 3rd April 2018

Measuring Room Acoustics Intro Acoustic Measuring Software of decent quality has become very affordable. This has led to many...

DanDan
replies: 213 views: 258,083
DanDan 29th November 2017

I've been working on a design for my studio, and I've come to this point. The original thread was called "How Much Space...

naethoven
replies: 208 views: 203,207
Temple of Light 22nd February 2017

Hi everyone. This is my first thread in this forum … :lol: Since we on a nearly daily basis see posts featuring graphs from...

Jens Eklund
replies: 182 views: 94,777
jcjr 30th July 2014

If a room is designed from scratch as a no compromise mixing setup, how much treatment would actually be needed apart from the...

EMMST
replies: 2 views: 150
Starlight 47 minutes ago

Hello! After many inspirational threads here I decided to go public too. The more thoughts the merrier. ;) Long story short:...

pfg
replies: 219 views: 14,254
DanDan 53 minutes ago

I've seen numbers stating that 83dB is the safest listening level for eight hours of listening in a day. But there is...

jonebize
replies: 23 views: 483
DanDan 59 minutes ago

Hi, I've just done a quick frequency capture using pink noise into Span at the mixing position with a Behringer ecm8000. Is it...

hello people
replies: 19 views: 490
DanDan 1 hour ago

I have to hang six diffusors, which means that I will be spending $360 just in Primacoustic's SlipNots. Primacoustic SlipNot...

Jeff Hayat
replies: 3 views: 424
vankloot 1 hour ago

Hi all, I am building a soundproofed rehearsal drum space in an old outbuilding so that I can practice drums without annoying...

EdgarTPeaceful
replies: 0 views: 61
EdgarTPeaceful 3 hours ago

I am currently at the ventilation stage for a control room. I would like to clarify a few things for my build regarding the...

Marco Marinescu
replies: 0 views: 115
Marco Marinescu 5 hours ago

I built this a few weeks ago, but at the time, the guy I built it for didn't want me to share the the details... Finally managed...

audiothings
replies: 1,389 views: 252,960
pfg 5 hours ago

In 2011 I studied Gearslutz and Rod Gervais's book and with helpful advice I put together this 15 sq.m (161 sq. ft.) songwriting...

Starlight
replies: 40 views: 4,135
ODDprdctncz 7 hours ago

Hello everyone My studio is located in my basement, and in terms of noise coming from the outside, the window which photo you...

Tareqdayya
replies: 2 views: 173
Tareqdayya 17 hours ago

Hi all, Although it looks like I'm a total newbie, I just forgot my previous username and password as I haven't had the...

Purelythemusic
replies: 1 views: 340
Purelythemusic 18 hours ago

I'm looking into some light diffusion for a small room. I'd consider quadratic but my room is most likely too small and irregular...

zedsdeadbaby
replies: 5 views: 1,037
zedsdeadbaby 19 hours ago

I'm thinking about covering a wall with some artificial topiary like...

Jerbery
replies: 3 views: 281
johndykstra 22 hours ago

So I'm working on placing my reference monitors and I've come to a crossroads. Most information I find says that ideally you want...

Jessiah1
replies: 7 views: 354
DanDan 1 day ago

Hi all, I've been lurking and reading for a while now, trying to put together what is the best way to improve my spare bedroom...

jrl
replies: 8 views: 394
jrl 1 day ago

I have virtually no room treatment right now so I'm interested in some budget acoustic options. I'm very skeptical about these...

Dohreetoh
replies: 30 views: 721
alexpander 1 day ago

Running out of wall space. Coupla standard wall posters, one w Guitar Scales, one with Guitar Chords. Nice to have up, and...

JayTee4303
replies: 9 views: 407
JayTee4303 1 day ago

Hello, I am half way through converting my garage into a soundproofed drum room using the two leaf ‘room within a room’...

EdgarTPeaceful
replies: 3 views: 339
EdgarTPeaceful 1 day ago

Hi! I've built a 2 feet or 60 cm deep absorber covering the back wall. 40 cm of rockwool, 20 cm airgap and slats on top. See...

ostfisk
replies: 6 views: 482
johnnyc 1 day ago

I've got a lamp dimmer placed about a foot away from a KRK Rokit 8. The dimmer causes my lamp to emit a very light buzzing...

melolagniac
replies: 0 views: 283
melolagniac 1 day ago

I feel like I should know this, but I realized while I was researching the best way to build this kind of door system and hang...

logjamparty
replies: 8 views: 371
Superfuzzyfrog 1 day ago

Just finished a second round of treatment addressing the wall to ceiling corners. Everything is 4” of OC703 or Eco core except...

AnthonyMele
replies: 75 views: 1,558
Jason Foi 1 day ago

Hi everyone, I have spent quite some time treating my room and browsing this forum, thanks a lot for all the tips and the...

vonstein
replies: 11 views: 783
vonstein 1 day ago

In my garage studio build I have a lighting fixture that will run along the center of the vaulted ceiling for most of the width...

logjamparty
replies: 3 views: 343
johndykstra 1 day ago

Hi folks, i am building a cabin in my back yard to use as a home studio and knowing little about electrics i am not sure what i...

pquinn
replies: 1 views: 240
Speedskater 1 day ago

What is the utility of the fins in QRD's? I've been looking over QRD calculators and I want to put a significant amount of...

danyull
replies: 5 views: 342
bert stoltenborg 1 day ago

Hi Everyone, I’m just about to buy some GIK panels for my rather small room (mainly stereo listening and mixing room), and was...

Alfama
replies: 10 views: 477
Alfama 2 days ago

I'm having some trouble here, deciding which way to go. I am in the process of a small home cinema build in my garage and...

McDuff
replies: 0 views: 222
McDuff 2 days ago

Hi everyone, I hope you are OK, and will be able to help me with which room to use as my home studio. I have the option of two...

Konan
replies: 0 views: 229
Konan 2 days ago

Hey guys, So I was thinking of using some curved pegboard in front of 3" Rockwool Comfortboard in standard 2' x 4'...

aabbccbb
replies: 5 views: 382
avare 2 days ago

How many times have I walked into a control room with a Neve or an SSL and racks of the gear these forums are made of, only to...

xlon
replies: 2 views: 419
formusic 2 days ago

So my friend has a room where he converted to a mini tracking room specifically to cut vocals. We have several projects...

Krush411
replies: 0 views: 288
Krush411 2 days ago

Hiya. As a very inexperienced builder, I'd like to ask something quite silly. I'm looking for a Rockwool roll as I'm...

mucainsane
replies: 1 views: 278
Jason Foi 2 days ago

Hi, I recently got a pair of '70s JVC/Victor SX-3 speakers at Goodwill. They're a decently rare speaker here in the US, from...

kmaster
replies: 0 views: 299
kmaster 2 days ago

This is not the only room available to me, but it is the most convenient at the moment, and I keep getting pushed back into it....

ChristianN
replies: 16 views: 463
Jason Foi 2 days ago

I have a 7'8" ceiling in my control room that has a suspended ceiling. I currently have ceiling clouds over mix position. I...

LSP
replies: 5 views: 502
DanDan 2 days ago

I recently started treating (building and placing bass traps) and testing my room acoustically. However I have recently run into...

katunechiie
replies: 3 views: 382
DanDan 2 days ago

Hi I´ve been lurking here on the acoustics forums for a while enjoying the information and the confusion created in my...

oddur
replies: 53 views: 4,603
DanDan 2 days ago

I have these windows here (pics): https://imgur.com/ZcjaYNk I'm building 4" Roxul bass trap panels with 1.0+ NCR ratings...

aspen1135
replies: 15 views: 414
elegentdrum 3 days ago

* numbers are for Pound/cubic foot https://i.imgur.com/r4b3aGs.png well i'm in israel and this is pretty much my options the...

adiahha
replies: 14 views: 446
adiahha 3 days ago

Hi guys I'm based in the UK have a setup in my room located in the garden (pretty much in a big shed) with no acoustic...

rystaman
replies: 2 views: 427
Jason Foi 3 days ago

I was reading a lot about basstrap and I saw a lot of models some good looking others done by companies ... but what draws my...

GuilhermOliveira
replies: 13 views: 450
GuilhermOliveira 3 days ago

I'm revamping my entire bedroom oriented more for studio use. Putting up panels, a fake wall and installing some new lighting. I...

aspen1135
replies: 2 views: 341
aspen1135 3 days ago

Some are (including me) scared of fiberglass particles from acoustic panels escaping into the air so I did a test with a particle...

SoundPimp
replies: 0 views: 319
SoundPimp 4 days ago

Click here to get the DIY Diffuser Blueprints] Hey guys, You might recall that I was going to give away free blueprints for...

Arqen
replies: 834 views: 258,376
ths61 4 days ago

In late summer I hope to add a small vocal booth to my apartment, and I’m trying to figure out how to build an airborne-sound...

Valspar
replies: 5 views: 481
Valspar 4 days ago

I'm about to embark on some audio book recording and I'm in a less than ideal situation in a small room so I need a vocal mic...

Macaroni
replies: 24 views: 451
Owen L T 4 days ago

Hello, I asked for advice here in the past year about building my own bass traps and a lot of nice folks helped me out, so I...

dramis
replies: 34 views: 4,693
dramis 4 days ago

Hello Guys! New to the forum, so thanks for any input ahead of time. I live on the gulf coast and about to go through the...

gator04
replies: 9 views: 492
gator04 4 days ago

Hey folks. I'm building a small HOME studio. We have a small cottage house in the backyard. The space is fairly remote. We...

henryrobinett
replies: 2 views: 399
henryrobinett 5 days ago

Moderators

Forum Tools
Search this Forum
Search this Forum :

Advanced Search