The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SMT (Svanå) does it again...... Dynamics Plugins
Old 18th July 2014
Lives for gear

Hallo!

I was in that room in Munich, and heard Anne Bisson comment about how good it sounded. She gave a little presentation. Nice lady

Quoting from SMT website:

"Statement from Anne Bisson who visited Marten Supreme 2 room at Munich Highend show 2014:
"As I sat in front of the speakers and closed my eyes and the sound was so real I could feel the presence of the musicians near me, It was the same sound that I experienced when I played live with them during the recording. I could really "feel" their presence and it was "disturbing" in a way... and magical too!"
Anne Bisson, Canadian Jazz Pianist, Singer & Composer President of Camilio Records, Audiophile Recordings Canada"

It can't be so bad

When you sat at the front row, the sound was clear and refreshing. When you move at the back row the sound was dull.

One could clearly hear the difference.

I was very satisfied with the sound. Allthough, I liked the JBL Everest the most.
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

I like the concept of volumetric diffusion. I think everyone is in a twist over the actual performance of SMT's devices. I am in the camp that says laboratory testing is going to be one of their best selling points. There is a stigma that diffusion has a strong basis in mathematics, and is not just pretty geometry on the walls, and I agree, and the problem is there is no measurements of the devices that says it works as a diffuser. But beyond the diffusion of one reflection, there is the diffusion of the room as a whole, and I doubt that SMT's diffusers perform poorly there.
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusOfTrolls View Post
I like the concept of volumetric diffusion.
Volumetric diffusion
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Are they Folded Well Schroeder Diffusers, or not?
Old 22nd July 2014
Lives for gear

No.

According to the manufacturer, they are not even "diffusers" (although he did call them "diffusers" before he decided to call them "time delay something something ...").
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jens Eklund View Post
No.

According to the manufacturer, they are not even "diffusers" (although he did call them "diffusers" before he decided to call them "time delay something something ...").
But they "delay time" in a similar manner as how folded well schroeder diffusers lower their effective range?
Old 23rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusOfTrolls View Post
But they "delay time" in a similar manner as how folded well schroeder diffusers lower their effective range?
Since we still haven't seen any measurements (or valid simulations) of the actual panel; we don't know much about what it actually does.
Old 25th July 2014
Lives for gear

It's interesting they aren't called diffusors by the manufacture. Still, that's what the buyers believe they are.

If someone by any chance does have some of these, are interested to see how they really perform and live in Stockholm area, perhaps they could contact Jens Eklund in order to get them measured. Or any other "diffusors" from SMT.
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwo View Post
It's interesting they aren't called diffusors by the manufacture. Still, that's what the buyers believe they are.

If someone by any chance does have some of these, are interested to see how they really perform and live in Stockholm area, perhaps they could contact Jens Eklund in order to get them measured. Or any other "diffusors" from SMT.
+1 "I'd buy that for a dollar!" (RoboCop)

- John
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search