The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Clearsonic IPGL IsoPac G Vocal Sound Booth.. any good? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 10th March 2014
Question Clearsonic IPGL IsoPac G Vocal Sound Booth.. any good?

anybody tried this vocal booth? is it worth the investment of approx 1200.. can this deliver pro results or would it be too boxy?

i wonder to what extent this reduces outside noise. the site does state 60-70% which doesnt sound bad on paper.

i live in an apartment, it close to impossible to record vocals, and im not technical enuff to build a booth myself nor i have the time...

how bout getting one of these and use more sound absorbent panels inside for further treatment? any opinions from professionals?

here you can see

Clearsonic Manufacturing Inc Clearsonic IPGL IsoPac G Light Gray Sound Booth Portable Sound Booths & Acc. at Markertek.com
Old 11th March 2014
noone?
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unmasked truth View Post
noone?
Why do you want a booth? Most people hope for sound isolation, but I don't see any isolation specs (in dB) for this booth unless I missed it. If high isolation isn't a requirement for you, there may be better options. This short article addresses the issues:

Do I Really Need a Vocal Booth?

--Ethan

The Acoustic Treatment Experts
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
Why do you want a booth? Most people hope for sound isolation, but I don't see any isolation specs (in dB) for this booth unless I missed it. If high isolation isn't a requirement for you, there may be better options. This short article addresses the issues:

Do I Really Need a Vocal Booth?

--Ethan

The Acoustic Treatment Experts
exactly sound isolation. it says it reduces 70 of the sound, whatever that means..

im just trying reduce few sounds in my apartment, frig, computer, environmental noise cars..
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Guru

The sound is going to be really boxy sounding in that booth. I have to ask though, how do you get in and out of it? I don't see a door.
Old 11th March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
The sound is going to be really boxy sounding in that booth. I have to ask though, how do you get in and out of it? I don't see a door.
well u guys are pros, if u know its going to be boxy, maybe ill pass cause i dont have much experience with this.. 1200 is still a lot..

i do have a pretty big closet, even though i cant stop the sounds from coming in, i can still treat it.. three are shelves, that i can probably put lots of blankets to eat up some of the sound reflection and then put acoustic foam in the rest of the place.. for sound isolation i guess it takes alot of work which i cant probably pull of in a small apartment i live in.
Old 11th March 2014
Gear Guru

I would use rigid fiberglass or mineral wool for the treatment.
Old 15th March 2014
Gear Guru
Joke

Amazing. The surfaces at mouth/mic level are all reflective. I have rarely seen a product which I could absolutely guarantee not to work, until now.
It would make sense if it was released on April 1st.
DD
Old 20th April 2014
Here for the gear

Isopacs

Hey all,

I'm also looking into booth options, and am considering Clearsonic, but it's damn hard to find any reviews, let alone a place to see/test them in person.

My main aim is not recording, but vocal practice. I live in a small apartment with neighbors on 3 sides and above. The 4th wall faces the outside of the building.

I'm looking to sing with as little sound getting OUT as possible, so I can not be self-conscious, not disturb the neighbors, and even work late at night.

My only other option would be a big 5x5-ish wooden booth, which would take up a huge chunk of my 300 sq ft apartment and be a bit of an eyesore. At least Clearsonic is easily taken down if need be.

Again, any advice/experience/etc on how good/bad these panels are would be great. At 1/4" thick I have my doubts.

Or any other options/suggestions on a makeshift practice room for 1 singer w/guitar, with the main aim being preventing sound from getting out.

I do not have a workable closet either.

Thanks!
Old 20th April 2014
Lives for gear

Considering how bad drums sound in a clearsonic booth I wouldn't want to do vocals in one for sure. I've had to mix a few church worship projects where the drums were in them and they always sound horrible. I'm a drummer and have had to play in them as well before so I know it's the booth causing most of the problems. You would be better off building a frame out of wood or pvc and hanging a bunch of blankets over it if you're needing a dead space. It would probably do just as well for isolation as well, not that there will be a lot.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search