The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
InkAID on sound absorption panels?
Old 23rd October 2013
Gear Nut

InkAID on sound absorption panels?

I'm building my own sound absorption panels (specs found here: Week 16: Tutorial – How To Make Sound Absorption Acoustical Panels | Weekly Creations). The fabric I'm using is 8oz canvas drop cloth, because it's cheap, it breathes, and it's available.

The problem: I'm exploring the possibility of running the canvas through a large-format inkjet printer I have access to (to put a pretty picture on my panels), but I've been told that the canvas needs to be treated with something like InkAID (inkAID™) before it can be run through an inkjet printer.

Does anybody have experience with this? I don't want to coat the canvas in something that will eliminate it's beneficial acoustic properties. Obviously companies like GIK Acoustics have figured out a way to print on their panels without sacrificing acoustic integrity... any ideas?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search