The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Acoustic Treatment with Windows **FIRST POST HELLO!
Old 21st October 2013
Here for the gear

Acoustic Treatment with Windows **FIRST POST HELLO!

HELLO GEARSLUTZ

My names Wally, i've been reading post, getting awesome info, so i decided to join and help people out as much as i can! I love music, been learning more and more everyday. Im not a professional by no means but am more of a student trying to learn as much as i can. As a lovable hobby i strive to make what i love to do better. Thats why ive organized my room to optimize my sound.

I've been planning out how to treat my large, long room.
Its 9'-8"x25' with windows, Ehkk..

My plight is what to do with the windows i have. The smaller window behind my speakers are very close to the corner, about 8.5". I wanted to build corner traps on both corners, to keep it even stevens. I understand that the LEF's will go through the window but have no idea how to handle the dilemma.

As for the other window on the right.
The first reflection point is where the sticky is. HOW do i take care of that? I was thinking of making a panel 2'x6' to cover the area, which would mean partially covering the window.

BTW i've decided to make ALL my traping out of Roxul 24" which is 3" thick.
Old 21st October 2013
Here for the gear

I was thinking of possibly splitting the bass corner trap (Pic 5) or covering (Pic 1). I will also be making a panel to hover above me.
The other gaps of space will be covered with some 3" acoustic foam. Not sure if that will be good, i've seen that as a NO NO here
Attached Thumbnails
Acoustic Treatment with Windows  **FIRST POST HELLO!-1.jpg   Acoustic Treatment with Windows  **FIRST POST HELLO!-6.jpg   Acoustic Treatment with Windows  **FIRST POST HELLO!-3.jpg   Acoustic Treatment with Windows  **FIRST POST HELLO!-4.jpg   Acoustic Treatment with Windows  **FIRST POST HELLO!-5.jpg  

Old 21st October 2013
Gear Guru

You could split them up or use something that is stackable. Basically something like our Tri Trap or Soffit Trap. For the early reflection points you could use the panels on stands. more about set up here.
The Basics of Room Acoustics: Bass Traps, Diffusors, Acoustic Panels
Old 21st October 2013
Here for the gear

Thanks for the input Glenn! I've seen your post, your a very helpful person and i appreciate that.

I think im going to go with the Soffit (square) Trap split like (Pic 5)
Do you think its ok to have the remaining space with some acoustic foam? Or a DIY diffuser?
I've seen that video MANY times. I wish i had a perfect room like that. Gik should expand on window situations. I like the stand idea man!
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Do you think its ok to have the remaining space with some acoustic foam? Or a DIY diffuser?
Foam will not do much if anything for low end control and not a area generally for diffusion.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search