The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Weird angled bedroom studio. Need help
Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

Weird angled bedroom studio. Need help

I am planning on turning my bedroom into a studio, but im facing trouble deciding on what acoustics to buy and how to place them. I have made a 3d model with several screenshots to display my room with what ive come up with so far. I have a few problems as my room's wall are angled weird, i have a big window on the right and little window next to it, and sliding mirror doors to my closet on the left. I need access to my closet, so will I be able to move the bass trap easily to access my clothes? What can I use to cover the sliding mirror doors acoustically? Is my setup fine the way it is or should i switch it around with the way my walls are angled? I plan on buying GIK Monster bass traps where you see purple, white rectangles on the walls, and GIK tri trap bass traps (2 per corner) in the corners of my room where they fit. I also plan on getting two Monster bass traps for the ceiling, but should I place them horizontal or vertical side by side from the perspective of sitting in the chair facing my laptop(see photos). I would like to know if I should get ALL of my basstraps as monster bass traps with the way my 3d model is displayed or should I have diffusors or other kinds of traps in the room? The dimensions for the room is roughly 11x10x8ft with a carpet floor. I will have Yamaha HS80 monitors on stands( I used red lamps to represent that ). I plan to be producing/mixdowns on my own and would like this to sound as best as I can in this room. Im opened for suggestions, and hope that someone can answer the questions throughout this post.

Here are the photos:

Old 20th October 2013
Here for the gear

I would like to add that removing my mirror sliding doors to my closet would not be a problem if it is more beneficial then keeping them on because of their hard surface? If I take them off my closet is about 6ft long and 2ft deep filled with clothes.
Old 30th October 2013
Here for the gear

Any suggestions?
Old 30th October 2013
Lives for gear

Have you done any testing? You can use REW software to do this - Room EQ Wizard Tutorial - GIK Acoustics

I would start there.

Despite the weird angle it is still pretty much the classic cube and requires plenty of bass trapping and you have put that into your scenario.
Old 30th October 2013
Here for the gear

good,the classic cube and requires plenty of bass trapping and you have put that into your scenario.
Old 1st November 2013
If at all possible, you do not want to be monitoring at an angle. The sound will boomerang around at create this virtual surround which will effect stereo imaging and panning placement. I tried it once, for about five minutes. Not good.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search