The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
My room. Need Advice
Old 19th October 2013
Here for the gear
My room. Need Advice

Hello guys,
I would need an advice for starting with acoustics treatment in my work room.
The room is 3.6mx3.2m with 3.3m height.

Two walls has windows with roller shades 80%. The desk window has double shade one 80% and a blackout behind, I don't know if that helps.

The other wall has the door (wood)
And finaly in front of the speakers/monitors I have full wall concrete bookshelf with concrete columns and wood shelfs and drawers. It is easy to put foam or other stuff on the back of each shelf over the wall, I think that a bookshelf is good for diffusion but shelf spaces are big so maybe it would be better to treat them also, don't know wich material could match with book's diffusion.

So if you could help me to determine which materials which size and where. I have a low budget so please do not suggest High End stuff, probably everything will be DIY.

I would appreciate an advice about placing a small vocal booth over the right speaker over the corner, and what would you put in that place for that purpose, that get's combined with the rest of the Acoustic treatment.

Attaching the picture of the top view
My room. Need Advice-homestudiodiego.jpg

I've used sketchup modeling software and the model, just if anyone wants to take a look deep inside, Just donwload https://www.dropbox.com/s/n3839unltb...tudioDiego.skp
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Here's a link to our acoustic primer to get you started. We have lots more educational videos and articles there also -
Room Acoustics Primer - GIK Acoustics

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search