Only 1 outlet - Power Regulator? Conditioner?
Old 25th December 2012
Gear interested

Only 1 outlet - Power Conditioner/Regulator/UPS?

Hello Friends! I know power conditioners, regulators and ups have been discussed in length throughout the forums, but I'm hoping a few of you could help solve an issue somewhat particular to my living space.

My "home studio" has only one outlet (two sockets). Right now I'm running a lot of gear threw two full power strips at each socket. No real problems thus-far besides lack of available spots, but I feel I must be running at my rooms absolute power limit. I've got my computer, interface, eqs, compressors, pre's, monitors,etc... everything is plugged into one outlet.

In the very-near future, I'll be getting a tube microphone and a few more small pieces of gear. I can't imagine I have the necessary power (let alone the spots on my strips).

Would I benefit from a power regulator or UPS? Could you help steer me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys
Old 25th December 2012
Gear nut

extension cords?
Old 25th December 2012
Lives for gear

If you are in the US/CAN you might get one of those little Kill-a-Watt meters. Most audio systems use a lot less power than you would think.
Jim Brown suggests running everything (with the exception of big power amps) on one circuit. (I'll try to find the exact link tomorrow)
Audio Systems Group, Inc. Publications
Old 25th December 2012
Gear interested

That sounds great, ill look into that for sure. Thanks guys. Although I'm not having noticeable problems at this point, I was a little concerned with degradation over a long time.

Wasn't sure if I'd benefit from a conditioner/regulator of some kind?

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search