The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help with adding yamaha HS10W sub
Old 17th April 2012
Gear interested

Help with adding yamaha HS10W sub

Hi,

I currently have the yamaha HS50M studio monitors and I want to add the HS10W subwoofer. However, I was wondering what would be the best way to wire them because I'm purchasing the Mackie Big Knob as well. So the real question is:
1.) run the "In's" from the 50s into the "out's" of the sub, then run the "In's" from the sub to output A on the Big Knob
or
2.) have the 50s connected to the A output and the sub connected to the B output on the Big Knob.

The reason why I asked this question is because I'm contemplating whether or not I want to be able to bypass the sub. So another question would be:

3.) if being able to bypass the sub is the best option how would i be able to get a smooth crossover between the 50s and the sub, similar to the one (crossover) you would get by running the mains from the sub?
Old 17th April 2012
Lives for gear

It would be a big pain to get the crossover between the sub and the satellites correct if you're not just going to to Big Knob->sub->satellites. You'd have to get an external crossover with the right slopes and set the frequencies just so. Besides that, a properly-integrated sub shouldn't need to be bypassed, since the idea of integrating a sub into the mix is that you're getting a flat extended frequency response below the response the satellites can provide.
Old 30th April 2012
Gear interested

Thanks a lot man I really appreciate your help.
Old 1st May 2012
Gear nut

You would route the 1/2 from the interface to the L/R ports of the subwoofer, from there that would go to the respectable speakers
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search