The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio Design Dynamics Plugins
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear
Studio Design

In the next post Ill have the pictures, heres the questions that go with them.

1. Am I in a smart position room wise (referring to where my desk is)

2. If you notice I have a sheet of foam behind me, would you consider this a usable diffuser? I also hang a moving blanet between the desk and foam for a "vocal area" which I believe sounds pretty good.

3. In the picture of my corner, the pink foam sheet. Does that do anything like a bass trap?

Edit: My floorplan is the attached file
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear
Heres the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Studio Design-img_0126.jpg   Studio Design-img_0129.jpg   Studio Design-img_0127.jpg   Studio Design-img_0130.jpg   Studio Design-img_0131.jpg  

Attached Images
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoRillo View Post
1. Am I in a smart position room wise (referring to where my desk is)
A good starting position with your head about 67 inches from the wall in front of you... I can't tell where you are by the photos. Are you facing the 11ft wall? - you should be.

Quote:
2. If you notice I have a sheet of foam behind me, would you consider this a usable diffuser? I also hang a moving blanet between the desk and foam for a "vocal area" which I believe sounds pretty good.
The moving blanket will help with early reflections but eggcrate foam will do zero diffusion and is only useful for killing flutter echo.

Quote:
3. In the picture of my corner, the pink foam sheet. Does that do anything like a bass trap?
'Pink foam a bass trap does not make.' and it probably doesn't do much of anything else either. (sorry)
I can see that you are on a budget... Moving blankets probably offer the most in absorption that you might have laying around.
Some mattresses can act as bass traps if placed correctly. But the problem is usually that they are too unwieldy to place properly... and the absorption coefficients are unknown. ~shrug~
Save your money and get a roll of Owens/Corning R-13.. and then another, and another. Then stack them up in the corner. - there's the beginning of a decent bass trap.

Cheers,
John
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search