The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mix is NOT inverse of room response Multi-Ef­fects Plugins
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Gervais View Post
Well the inexperienced actually do - they try to make their mixes sound good in bad room - and in the end they wind up quite bass heavy - extremely bass heavy - when they have dips in rooms - w
Rod
Or do they? Really Rod, nobody eqs a 30 db boost at 90 hz to compensate for a room dip.

-R
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
It was just a picture he took after the fact. I doubt you could move the mic around to make it sound that bad vs that good. lol lolheh

Haha alright. Not accusing, but it makes it look a bit shady to not show where the mic was. tutt
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKrizman View Post
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about this.
This I can agree with........

Rod
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Regarding "bassy rooms", it's not that those rooms contain more bass. Rather, the perception of a bass-heavy room occurs if higher frequencies are too damped and low frequency ringing has not been damped.

Sean
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torea View Post
Haha alright. Not accusing, but it makes it look a bit shady to not show where the mic was. tutt
I actually asked him about that also, but when you think about it, if he was doing something "shady", he would have FOR SURE taken a picture with the mic there. The point of the picture is just to show the room.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
I actually asked him about that also, but when you think about it, if he was doing something "shady", he would have FOR SURE taken a picture with the mic there. The point of the picture is just to show the room.

Haha I guess so.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

I think the audio speaks for itself, and is totally consistent with my own experience of GIK products. Really no need for any sleight of hand.

-R
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think the audio speaks for itself, and is totally consistent with my own experience of GIK products. Really no need for any sleight of hand.

-R

Consistent with treatment in general too! heh
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
+1

I agree completely.

I've known Glenn since the company began - and have absolute confidence in their integrity.

Rod
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Gervais View Post
+1

I agree completely.

I've known Glenn since the company began - and have absolute confidence in their integrity.

Rod

Wasn't trying to call him or the company out. Just saying for those without a good idea of how well traps actually work, it might look a little odd to not have the mic in the second picture. Sorry if it sounded like an accusation. Like I said, it definitely wasn't intended to be.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search