The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
my control room eq plot
Old 9th September 2011
my control room eq plot

how bad is my mixing environment? see attached graph.

thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
my control room eq plot-imaginarydaystudio.jpg  
Old 9th September 2011
This graph doesn't mean anything, and it means even less when you don't tell us what it is. Is this a microphone at mix position with both speakers outputting pink noise? What's the software/mic/pre/converter? What are your parameters for this measurement? Is this peak/rms? Is there a window, cumulative, or is this a snap of an instantaneous measurement?

I'm not a huge fan of frequency plots (no equalizers involved here) but if you want it to tell you anything...

Have you taken multiple measurements in different positions?
Have you tried doing one speaker at a time and comparing?
Have you tried the speakers in different positions?
Have you listened to to the room? using reference CDs and comparing to other rooms, headphones, whatever you know best?

Not trying to be negative but this is like writing a number on a piece of paper, and asking how close it is to the answer without us knowing what the question is.

Measurements can be helpful, especially if you're trying to isolate an issue, but random plots aren't going to tell you anything other than however this measurement was taken results in a dip @ 70, 120, and 2k, and peaks @ 40and 140. These could be room modes, or it could be a million other things.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search