The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Boss wanted a dead room for ADR...
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Boss wanted a dead room for ADR...

Yes he did, this time what I had to say didn't count for much unfortunately.

So now we have a well isolated room 4.6x4.4x2.46 meters.
All Walls covered with ecophon super g 50mm, ceiling with a simpler 50 mm absorber.

Running pink noise and a Dolby RTA I can def see some issues in the 30 & 70hz area. But the rest looks pretty ok. I know pink might not be the beat way to find issues in a small room.

But when recording a voice I can definitely hear unpleasant coloration in the low mids. Trying to EQ it out does not sound good enough.

Temporary fix needed as it needs to be used from Monday...
Will additional 50mm wall panels placed at an angle work to break up the parallel Walls in the 150-300 Hz area?

Any suggestions apart from bring in as many upholstered furniture as possible?

Sorry for crossposting this in the post forum as well.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Guru

Covering all the walls in 50mm is going to leave the low end "swimming" in the room. What you really need is bass trapping. Something like 100mm (or double that) straddling corners. I am sure some one will chime in about tuned traps, but that does not sound like what the owner wants.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
Covering all the walls in 50mm is going to leave the low end "swimming" in the room. What you really need is bass trapping. Something like 100mm (or double that) straddling corners.....
I agree, and there is needed also a gap (100mm or double) behind. Cloud at ceiling and wall treatment will help.
Old 8th September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggy View Post
I agree, and there is needed also a gap (100mm or double) behind. Cloud at ceiling and wall treatment will help.
What I am talking about is straddling panels in the corners, so you would want the sides to touch the side walls. But that would have the gap in the back. Needless to say +1 on your post.
Old 8th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
What I am talking about is straddling panels in the corners, so you would want the sides to touch the side walls. But that would have the gap in the back. Needless to say +1 on your post.
Óh sorry... I didn't notice "corners"... and yes... of course... I agree for corners too...

heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search