The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Building a new recording room Dynamics Plugins
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

Building a new recording room

Hi
I'm just about to move into a studio with two friends and there is allredy a control room built but we are going to build the recording room. The whole thing is in a room about 6x6M and the all the walls, ceiling and roof is ither concret or brick wall exept for a dry wall to the left. The control romm is built like a room within the room and that is what we are goining to do with the recording room as well`(the white area on the picture).

What I'm wondering is what you guys think is the best way to build the recording rooms walls, ceiling and floor?
Right now we are thinking of building the inner walls about 10cm from the other walls and with dry wall on the inside and just fill it upp with cheap isolation because we are on a tight budget. So there will be about 20cm och isolation and then a doubel layer of dry wall on the inside.

This is the highly scientific bluprint. Everything exept the hight is the outer measurements and the hight is what we probably end up with inside the room.
Building a new recording room-studio.bmp

Was kind of in a hurry so havent checkt my spelling..
Old 8th September 2011
Here for the gear

I can add that we both need some sound proofing from both the evil drum next door and for the evil scientist on the other side of the wall. So we need some solution that both dampens our and other sound and makes the room sound good. And shouldnt cost anything either.

Also the red line on the picture is were there used to be a big door to the evil drummer but he has now built a giant bass trap that is the wall.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

This thread (among many others) might be of interest:

eigenmodes calculator
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search