The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
equilateral triangle VS seeing monitors
Old 5th September 2011
  #1
Here for the gear
equilateral triangle VS seeing monitors

Hello.
I'm wondering about position of the studio monitors.
When you have to choose of seeing both monitors and don't be in equilateral triangle or don't seeing them, what you choose? I guess the listening here have to decide but anyway.
Thanks
Old 5th September 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
Tom Higgins's Avatar
When you saying 'not seeing them', do you mean having something in front of them (like a computer monitor)?

Either way is not ideal. But, I'd say having a slightly widened triangle (so isoceles) but having the path between you and the monitors unobstructed would be better.
Old 6th September 2011
  #3
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Higgins View Post
When you saying 'not seeing them', do you mean having something in front of them (like a computer monitor)?

Either way is not ideal. But, I'd say having a slightly widened triangle (so isoceles) but having the path between you and the monitors unobstructed would be better.
"not seeing them" I meant exactly waht you wrote. It's due the limitation of space in my room that I can get this right and the LCD monitors are real issue here.

I went for the "seeing monitors"
Old 6th September 2011
  #4
Lives for gear
 
ggegan's Avatar
Why not raise the monitors so that they shoot down over the top of the LCDs? I do this with my system and it works well for me.
Old 6th September 2011
  #5
Lives for gear
 
boggy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suez View Post
"not seeing them" I meant exactly waht you wrote. It's due the limitation of space in my room that I can get this right and the LCD monitors are real issue here.
.....
You really must have a direct and continous path from your tweeter/midwoofer to your ear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
Why not raise the monitors so that they shoot down over the top of the LCDs? I do this with my system and it works well for me.
Good advice.
Old 7th September 2011
  #6
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggegan View Post
Why not raise the monitors so that they shoot down over the top of the LCDs? I do this with my system and it works well for me.
Been there, also tried horizontal position. Don't like it.
I like when treble reproductor is as high as my ears. I can't stick to it perfectly as the stands don't let me. But this is like max 1-2 inches so I think it's torerable at least for my ears.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump