The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
low freq attenuation
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear
low freq attenuation

i was reading some articles on the storyk site and there is a piece on a nightclub where they achieved bass attenuation of over 50db in the 63hz region.

i was fairly impressed by that....

i was wondering if anyone has any test data of wall makeups that achieve that level of result. or if anyone knows of any data that shows the results of system tests including floor and walls and ceilings.

TIA.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge View Post
i was reading some articles on the storyk site and there is a piece on a nightclub where they achieved bass attenuation of over 50db in the 63hz region.

i was fairly impressed by that....

i was wondering if anyone has any test data of wall makeups that achieve that level of result. or if anyone knows of any data that shows the results of system tests including floor and walls and ceilings.
NRC and BBC.

Andre
Old 5th September 2011
Gear Addict

BBC reports 1994-08 and 1995-06 have systems that come close to 50dB at 63Hz. To achieve these STL numbers means heavy floating rooms, properly floated.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear
thanks guys,

i've got a copy of the bbc guide to acoustic properties and in there it shows a tripple masonry wall that achieves about 50db at 63hz.

i can't find anyhting else either from nrc or bbc that deals with lightweight walls achieving this. the bbc document doesn't seem to fully outline the camden wall and it's outcomes.

so any direction to actual nrc papers etc much appreciated. am i dreaming thinking that it can be achieved with lightweight. the storyk wall seems to be custom designed.

thanks sebg for the extra links, will have a read through those.
Old 5th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouge View Post
thanks guys,

i've got a copy of the bbc guide to acoustic properties and in there it shows a tripple masonry wall that achieves about 50db at 63hz.

i can't find anyhting else either from nrc or bbc that deals with lightweight walls achieving this. the bbc document doesn't seem to fully outline the camden wall and it's outcomes.

so any direction to actual nrc papers etc much appreciated. am i dreaming thinking that it can be achieved with lightweight. the storyk wall seems to be custom designed.
You are correct in that such values of TL can not be achieved with lightweight structures. IR 761 and IR 586 from NRC, and various wall construction specific RD papers from BBC give details. Both are available from the reference section and my post in that section.

Andre
Old 7th September 2011
Lives for gear
thanks again andre!

have been trolling through all of the data you've supplied.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search