The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Initial monitor placement before REW Dynamics Plugins
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Initial monitor placement before REW

Hi guys,
I took delivery of my new monitors today and will finally be ready to start taking measurements with REW once my monitor stands arrive.
The ATC manual states that they should be positioned 1m in from left and right walls, and 2m from back wall to start with. My room is big enough to try this placement, but if I'm to maintain an equilateral triangle it'll mean my listening position is nearer the wall facing the monitors, and nowhere near the 38% position.
I know the 38% position is not a rule set in stone, I was just wondering how I should initially proceed. The monitors are midfields btw, ATC SCM50 ASL Pro.
Old 2nd September 2011
Old 2nd September 2011
Gear Guru

I would go with what they recommend, test the room then start to move things around. Yes 38% if really just a starting point but what works for you room is what you should do. Only testing will tell you that.
Old 2nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Thx Jens & Glenn,

As ever your response is much appreciated!

Jens, I've not got time to look at the the thread you've linked to right now, but I'll study it closely over the weekend.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search