The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
will this room work?
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

will this room work?

Hey guys, wondering if this room will work as a mixing room... http://oi53.tinypic.com/30jhdfk.jpg

I am using it as my bedroom too . but its a nice size, i saw some layouts on primaaccoustic that had this setup , but on a smaller scale. This would be ideal layout for me for my stuff, but if its going to be aboslute havok on making it a good sounding room im going to have to change ... I will be mixing mostly my band and other projects i can get my hands on. so i want it to sound good and am will be investing money into treatment to make it as best i can.

The feet are just my feet, i dont have a mesuring tape here. Im about a size 12 lol ...

any feedback is appreciated, thanks alot!
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

oh yah , its my bed in the top corner and the current desk i have is the desk mesurements.
thanks again!

ps. i read a bunch of links but didnt find this specific ... and searched.
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Guru

I would move the mix spot to the upper wall and set up like the following.
GIK Acoustics: Room Setup
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Maniac

Love your source glen. It answers FAQs.. haha
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Nut

hey glen thanks for the link, gonna spend some time reading through... ideally that would be the best way huh? Am i able to achieve with the right $$ in treatment a room situated like my diagrama that is still fairly accurate? or is it a complete white wash and will never sound good...
also the ceiling is bout 9" high

thanks again!
Old 1st September 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker3 View Post
hey glen thanks for the link, gonna spend some time reading through... ideally that would be the best way huh? Am i able to achieve with the right $$ in treatment a room situated like my diagrama that is still fairly accurate? or is it a complete white wash and will never sound good...
also the ceiling is bout 9" high

thanks again!
You could leave it out you have it, but it would take more work and honestly the other way would have a better result. If you can't move then you can't, but I still would treat the room.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search