The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Perfect studio chair?!
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Another recent convert to the Humanscale Freedom.

To be as precise as possible regarding the arms & guitars.

If I am sitting fully back with the arms down a standard guitar body may actually be very close to or touching against the front of the right hand armrest (For a right handed guitarist), but not really enough to be "in the way".

Zero interference at the fretting hand/arm & you can't dink the guitar body as the only bit you might hit is padded.
Old 3rd August 2011
Lives for gear

Last summer I worked at local business incubator.
All furniture there was finnish, from ISKU.

I would like to recommend this chair.

Old 9th November 2011
Gear Maniac

Freedom Chair,

Headrest or Task model?

The Headrest model claims to automatically move out of the way when you aren't sitting back in it and it's shape countours backwards.. Do you think it will affect sound much?
Old 9th November 2011
Gear Maniac

Take your pick
Attached Thumbnails
Perfect studio chair?!-throne.jpg   Perfect studio chair?!-electric-chair.jpg  
Old 24th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzzin Chizzy View Post
I am looking for a chair that is comfortable for long recording or mixing sessions and that also has arms that move or swivel back and out of the way for playing guitar or keyboard in comfortably.

Wal-mart sells a cheap mesh chair that has arms that rotate up flush with the chair back to achieve such an effect but I was wondering if there was something maybe in leather that does the same thing.

Any suggestions?
AKRACING Premium V2 Gaming Chair Black

Applicable for gaming and music studio activities.

There are 4 bolts attaching the base that mounts the arm rests,
which can easily be removed for extra convenience towards seating activities.

Click on Images to enlarge.

You Tube --> https://youtu.be/fUPNSe4m6YQ

Company Link --> https://www.ak-racing.com.au
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
I really need to get a good studio chair.
I have looked into all the chairs mentioned in this thread. But they all seem to have the same 'air piston thing' at the base.
I have just replaced the cyclinder in my cheapo office chair because it was wobbling like hell.
Guess what? The replacement wobbles too!! SOOO annoying.
So my question is - do these expensive chairs have the same air cylinders? because if they do then they must all suck too.
Those cylinders are such a crap design It totally amazes me that no-one has come up with a new design in all these years.
I just want a comfy chair that doesn't wobble. WHy the F** do all these chairs wobble (from side to side/front back) . It is so annoying. Does the Humanscale freedom wobble? The Aeron? They both appear to have those same dumb ass little cylinders. Who decided that the best way to make a sold chair was to balance all the load on a tiny little tube? Is it just me or that a totally crap design?
If anyone has experience with these chairs and can say if they wobble or not - please let me know.
Thanks
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripCode View Post
I really need to get a good studio chair.
I have looked into all the chairs mentioned in this thread. But they all seem to have the same 'air piston thing' at the base.
I have just replaced the cyclinder in my cheapo office chair because it was wobbling like hell.
Guess what? The replacement wobbles too!! SOOO annoying.
So my question is - do these expensive chairs have the same air cylinders? because if they do then they must all suck too.
Those cylinders are such a crap design It totally amazes me that no-one has come up with a new design in all these years.
I just want a comfy chair that doesn't wobble. WHy the F** do all these chairs wobble (from side to side/front back) . It is so annoying. Does the Humanscale freedom wobble? The Aeron? They both appear to have those same dumb ass little cylinders. Who decided that the best way to make a sold chair was to balance all the load on a tiny little tube? Is it just me or that a totally crap design?
If anyone has experience with these chairs and can say if they wobble or not - please let me know.
Thanks
In my experience the more expensive chairs don't wobble. They also last longer.

Last edited by explorer; 4 days ago at 11:13 AM..
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

I agree with explorer but in my experience someone with TripCode's attitude can find a fault in pretty much anything.
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by explorer View Post
In my experience the more expensive chairs don't wobble. They also last longer.
Ok thanks. glad to hear it, I just wonder if they use the same generic gas cylinders or do they make those themselves.
Because the mass-produced ones are all wobbly. they have some kind of design flaw. If the Humanscale freedom uses their own propriety one then i might consider buying one. The thing is - there is no shop anywhere near me - so I need to know before I order one online.
Sorry if i sounded a bit crazy in my first post. It's just very frustrating to drive 2 hours to buy a new cylinder, spend 2 hours fitting it - only to find that the new cylinder wobbles too!.
Do you think if the Humanscale freedom wobbles I can send it back? ;-)
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRE8A View Post
AKRACING Premium V2 Gaming Chair Black

Applicable for gaming and music studio activities.

There are 4 bolts attaching the base that mounts the arm rests,
which can easily be removed for extra convenience towards seating activities.

Click on Images to enlarge.

You Tube --> https://youtu.be/fUPNSe4m6YQ

Company Link --> https://www.ak-racing.com.au
This chair is not a good solution as it has a big and high headrest that will create a lot of problems due to its reflective character. Been there, done that...
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedemann View Post
This chair is not a good solution as it has a big and high headrest that will create a lot of problems due to its reflective character. Been there, done that...
+1
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friedemann View Post
Recently bought myself the Pro X series outer State, after reading the specs online. The chair feels relatively comfortable due to my height, weight and body thickness.
Class four Pneumatic lift, which supports up to 150kg.
I rate this chair a three star, from a five star rating, giving an average for my posture and comfortability.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Not doubting its general quality and comfort. Only there are special considerations in a studio setup.

There are many reasons Aeron is so popular in studios. It's an almost perfect chair.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search