The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Small Mixroom Treatment! Please Help!! Studio Monitors
Old 31st December 2010
Here for the gear

Small Mixroom Treatment! Please Help!!

Hi, I haven't posted on here much but have been checking gearslutz regularly for a few years now.

I was hoping some of the more experienced acoustics guys on here might be able to offer some advice. I've been mixing/assisting professionally for the last 5+ years or so in top London studios, but now want to try and finally get my personal setup up to scratch as much as possible... I'm moving into a new place in January and want to start thinking a bit about how would be best to set things up acoustically (where to put the speakers in the room, bass traps, etc, etc). Here's a room plan: /Users/Lucia/Desktop/RoomPlan.png

The room dimensions obviously aren't ideal, but I'm hoping I'll be able to get it sounding pretty flat and then just "learn" the room from there, as I've done in some past environments. The divisions you see up top are two closets. I'm rocking adam A7X's, a pair of NS-10's, Jules' old boombox, and a couple of nice sets of cans. Should the room permit I'm hoping to get a sub at some point in the future... The walls are very thick and I almost never monitor loud, just once or twice during final run-throughs towards the end of a mix.

My limitations are:
1. I need to fit in a two-seater couch somewhere in there
2. There is a huge window in the room (on the left wall, in white), Covering the window is not really an option. A heavy curtain might be though?
3. My budget is about £1,000 - 1,500.

Does this sound like it might be possible to manage?

Thanks so much for your help guys, I really appreciate it and I am amazed at what a great resource this website is for things like this! Oh, and please let me know if you need any more info...I'm pretty new to this side of things, just read a couple of articles here and there so please forgive me if I've completely missed out some glaringly obvious detail.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search