The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is this room worth treating?
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Is this room worth treating?

problem solved
Old 29th December 2010
Lives for gear

Six,

You will get an amazing result from some simple treatment. Any room is worth treating.

Cheers,
John
Old 29th December 2010
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbrandt View Post
Any room is worth treating.
Indeed. Not to make fun of the OP because I know it was an honest question. But we see posts asking this all the time. Sometimes I feel like answering, "Sorry no, this room is so bad that adding bass traps and other panels will only make it worse."

Just trying to add some levity. Don't shoot the messenger. heh

--Ethan

JWL
Lives for gear

I think taking the implied question in the OP a level deeper, people often realize that they'll never have a perfect room for whatever reason, and give up.

The thing people don't realize, treatment doesn't "toggle" between horrible/perfect when it comes to room sounds. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT ROOM. That said, any room can be improved with treatment.

It's all about doing the best you can, within the constraints of available space and budget, to make YOUR room as good as it can be.
Old 29th December 2010
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
Indeed. Not to make fun of the OP because I know it was an honest question. But we see posts asking this all the time. Sometimes I feel like answering, "Sorry no, this room is so bad that adding bass traps and other panels will only make it worse."

Just trying to add some levity. Don't shoot the messenger. heh

--Ethan

NO worries Ethan, but you kind of answered already with your coment, sometimes is just better not to answer at all.... I kind of asked if i could mix for film there, meaning if it might be possible to have 7.1 setup, size constraints might make it impossible.. thats what i asked.

Sorry to bother ACOUSTIC TREATMENT EXPERT TEAM, you guys are probably too busy to be bothered with my concerns and i understand.

John, when did you do the studio in Montreal?
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Guru
Kinda

Quote:
I most probably use is for Audio Post (Edit/Mix for TV/Film).
Is there a language thing here? That's not a question, not even a sentence really, certainly no sign of 7.1. And at what level, professionally? for yourself? for hire to other engineers?
If it is for professional/commercial hire, look up the EBU specs for TV Mix rooms.

Answers here are generally equal to or better than the questions.

DD
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfeetunder View Post
John, when did you do the studio in Montreal?
A few months ago. Some treatment is not finished because the owner is away (out of country) working on other projects and will finish when he returns. Then we'll do some testing.

Cheers,
John
Old 30th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfeetunder View Post
NO worries Ethan, but you kind of answered already with your coment, sometimes is just better not to answer at all.... I kind of asked if i could mix for film there, meaning if it might be possible to have 7.1 setup, size constraints might make it impossible.. thats what i asked.
If that's what you were thinking, you probably should put it into words and include it in your question so people can understand you more clearly..
(sorry I'm not an expert and don't have an answer)
Old 30th December 2010
Here for the gear

Yes, you are all right, I agree it was a poorly constructed question (if even a question), so my apologies to all of you.
I spoke with someone locally and he gave me all the info I needed.
Thanks anyways to all of you for your interest.
Old 30th December 2010
Gear Guru
Question

Do come back if you have specific questions. If something pops up that you don't understand, it is well worth asking here. Quite often you won't be alone in your difficulty and we all learn from the answers that pop up.
DD

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search