The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Idea for diffusion Dynamics Plugins
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear
Idea for diffusion

Since my house is circa 1970's the basement room I use for my Studio is covered in paneling. I stapled a 5x8 rug to the wall behind my puter/monitors, and another to the back wall behind where I mix. The ceiling is acoustic tiles. The floor is carpet.

I was thinking off hanging heavy curtains on rods along walls and having enough curtains so they are bunched up and have lots of folds. Then If I wanted to record drums or a guitar amp and it was too dead or I did not like the sound I could just open the curtains and I have a reflective surface and a different sound.

I know its not gonna absorb like Auralex but figure its worth a try and will look decent as well. I can still put treatment on the walls behind the curtains later and have adjustable treatment by sliding the curtains over.
Attached Thumbnails
Idea for diffusion-studio4.jpg  
Old 22nd December 2010
Lives for gear

It is a great thing to do. For best absorption frequency wise, get enough drapery material so that the folds are still thick when the drapes are opened to cover the walls.

Enjoy!

Andre
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search