The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DIY Room Acoustics Newcomer Help/Advice Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Addict

DIY Room Acoustics Newcomer Help/Advice

I'm starting to invest in treatment in my bedroom and i need some help on what areas to cover in my room. I just got a job so i will be getting paid probably in the next two weeks or so. I'm a college student who is living at home at the moment. I want to DIY my acoustics. I ve herd they are very effective and easy on the pockets. I keep hearing about 703 cowing or something like that. I really am trying to find if someone could walk me through this process so i can achieve a great sound in my room instead tweaking eq all day and getting the same muddy mixes over and over again. Thanx in the mean time. I really appriciate this

Room=11.5x11.5 and from floor to ceiling it's 95 inches( i would like to make some sort of bass trap for all four corners of my room about 95 inches high to cover all)

if pics needed let me know please, im just really trying to do what i was told in the beginning, TREAT MY ROOM!
Old 22nd December 2010
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

This short article explains the basics in plain English:

Acoustic Basics

--Ethan

Gear Addict

ok i read through the article which is very great! Now i need to know what would be DIY acoustic would be necessary. Would you like pictures of my room so we could make a determination? my room is 11.5 x 11.5?
Old 23rd December 2010
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

You're welcome to post photos, but the suggested treatment will be more or less the same regardless. As explained in that article, what you need are bass traps in corners and absorbers at the reflection points. If you want to read something more detailed than that short introduction, try this:

Acoustics FAQ

--Ethan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search