The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Room design software
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Room design software

What is the software that I see many of you using to mock up your room dimensions? some sort of 3d graphic design program.... I tried searching, but I am not quite sure what keywords to look for.

Thanks!
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Google SketchUP

Have fun!
Cheers,
John
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Thanks john!
Old 15th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbrandt View Post
+1.

Andre
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Great program! Newbie to this in about an hour. Not much of a learning curve, except for the rotate feature. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that.
Attached Thumbnails
Room design software-studio-g.jpg  
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

i really like your mix console

for rotating your group/ungroup functions are your friends... grouping the drawing and then rotating as a whole then ungrouping will go a long ways to keep things sane. a really good practice is to get your basic floor plan defined and save it as a template then use that for each variation. locking the basic plan also allows you to readily remove all the bits and start over when needed.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullfo View Post
i really like your mix console

for rotating your group/ungroup functions are your friends... grouping the drawing and then rotating as a whole then ungrouping will go a long ways to keep things sane. a really good practice is to get your basically floor plan defined and save it as a template then use that for each variation. locking the basic plan also allows you to readily remove all the bits and start over when needed.
Thanks for the tips Glenn.

Andre
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

I wish I could take credit for the console, but I found it and the couch online somehow. I have no idea how, actually. It was purely by accident.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by recordinghopkins View Post
I wish I could take credit for the console, but I found it and the couch online somehow. I have no idea how, actually. It was purely by accident.
just teasing, the console is one of my components from the Google 3D Warehouse (i see one of two of my generic consoles in a lot of designs) which is an excellent resource for people who need partsto help build out the visualization and sizing of their space. in SU you can directly search the 3DW from the components window or via your web browser. you can also share your components via the File menu -> 3D warehouse.
Old 16th December 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullfo View Post
just teasing, the console is one of my components from the Google 3D Warehouse (i see one of two of my generic consoles in a lot of designs) which is an excellent resource for people who need partsto help build out the visualization and sizing of their space. in SU you can directly search the 3DW from the components window or via your web browser. you can also share your components via the File menu -> 3D warehouse.
outstanding!
I didn't even have to resize it, it was very close to the same dimensions as what you see in this picture:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search