The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who makes the best "blankets" for sound absorbtion Studio Monitors
Old 3rd September 2017
Lives for gear

Check on this:
This thing has all kinds of applications that have to do with improving acoustics.
You might find one that suits ya;
I am already planning on using some of these in dealing with some of the anomalies in my space.
As always YMMV

Old 8th September 2017
Here for the gear

Originally Posted by saurumanx View Post
I think the main issue with Producer's Choice are shipping costs and import fees, which is why I'm torn between producer's choice and building my own blankets from UltraTouch Cotton covered in loosely woven fabric (polyester?), but as far as quality, they're the best you can buy, and cheaper than 703 (until you factor in shipping/import fees).
Hi, sarumanx! Where are you from? If you're from Europe, we now have a UK location, so shipping costs are very low with no import taxes.
Old 19th September 2017
Here for the gear

Jeff do you have a Canadian location or distributor?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

here maybe

Originally Posted by gemini8026 View Post
Im needing Something easy to take up and take down.

Ive checked out Audimute, Ebay, and Markertek. Ive looked into moving blankets etc. Has anyone come to a conclusion as to what is the best way to go?!?

Basically looking for whatever is "heaviest"

I think it's been more difficult to find the best way to go, but you still can check here : Sound Blankets 3550 x 2000 mm – Sound Blanket Curtain
the most of the websites come with more details of blanket sound absorbtions
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Originally Posted by gemini8026 View Post
Im needing Something easy to take up and take down. .....Basically looking for whatever is "heaviest"
I am using these. You need to space them away from the wall to get the best out of them.

get 36 8ft furring strips

Cut one 6ft furring strip for each blanket Staple or screw a blanket to each 6ft piece.

Screw an end of an 8t furring strip to the middle of each 6ft blanket/furring strip.

Lift the 6ft furring strip up against the ceiling so that it straddles each corner of the room and kick-wedge it there with it's attached 8f piece.

Go to the middle of each wall and kick-wedge a blanket/strip against the ceiling
Set two of them at 8" from the wall and two at 12"

Use a few 8ft strips to wedge the last four blankets onto the ceiling. Let the blanket sag 12-16" from the ceiling between the supporting furring strips.

Now you have a room that is more in control and didn't put a single hole anywhere.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

the first name that comes to your mind when it comes to any thing related to sound & proofing is Sound Blanket Curtain, Sound Blanket Curtain – Sound Blankets & Sound Curtains
they are affordable easy to maintain and comes easily under the budget. They have a variety of products which suits your requirements. I recommend to try them once if you need a good quality product. sound blankets

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search