The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Need Help in the analysis of a REW Graph
Old 12th November 2009
Need Help in the analysis of a REW Graph

Hello Dear Masters of the Acoustics and Sound!

I come to you for advise and sanity check! I ran a few tests with REW using a Samson C04 Condenser mic in the center of the room where I plan to sit. The result is attached. The axis are X Freq, Y dBs and Z Decay.

I think I have a severe problem in ~ 120 to 130 Hz. It would appear the low freqs are not as bad and some corner treatment would help.

Any comments?

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Need Help in the analysis of a REW Graph-bajos-400-hz-measure-.jpg   Need Help in the analysis of a REW Graph-bajos-400-hz-measure2-.jpg  
Old 13th November 2009
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

At 12 dB per vertical division in your graphs, this room will definitely benefit from bass traps. The resonance at 131 Hz looks killer and needs to be tamed.

--Ethan
Old 13th November 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
At 12 dB per vertical division in your graphs, this room will definitely benefit from bass traps. The resonance at 131 Hz looks killer and needs to be tamed.

--Ethan

Hello Ethan,

I sincerely appreciate your time and your response. Not always one gets a recommendation from well known acoustics master like you, and for free!!!

I have been researching on the bass traps and I am 100% with you on the need of the low freqs treatment. I will try to address the 131Hz freq, my guess is that being on the mid lows won't me hard to tame it.

THANK YOU!!!

note: I have been reading several of your articles and I find them extremely interesting, helpful and exciting !!

Ludwing
Ludwing Diaz Music Project
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear