The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Help Me Set My Home Studio Layout Please
Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Nut

Help Me Set My Home Studio Layout Please

hi guys i need ur expert knowledge.....where should i put my desk? and where should i add my foam pads? what else do i need to treat my room.....imade a rough drawing lol to give you am idea....i also took a fewpics from my cell and a made a short video to give you an idea...help me please

at the momemnt i have my desk facing the wall opposite the door...

zSHARE - Movie 2009-06-21.wmv

PS that door you see in this picture (below) is the booth door...not the main enterance door

Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Nut

anyone?
Old 22nd June 2009
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth View Post
where should i put my desk?
How to set up a room

Quote:
where should i add my foam pads? what else do i need to treat my room.
Here's the short version which will get you 99 percent of the way there. All rooms need:

* Broadband (not tuned) bass traps straddling as many corners as you can manage, including the wall-ceiling corners. More bass traps on the rear wall behind helps even further. You simply cannot have too much bass trapping. Real bass trapping, that is - thin foam and thin fiberglass don't work to a low enough frequency.

* Mid/high frequency absorption at the first reflection points on the side walls and ceiling.

* Some additional amount of mid/high absorption and/or diffusion on any large areas of bare parallel surfaces, such as opposing walls or the ceiling if the floor is reflective. Diffusion on the rear wall behind you is also useful in larger rooms.

For the complete story see my Acoustics FAQ.

There's a lot of additional non-sales technical information on my company's web site - articles, videos, test tones and other downloads, and much more.

--Ethan

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search