The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
how would you treat this recording room??
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

how would you treat this recording room??

Hi mates

I'm having trouble deciding how to treat my live room, it is very small, and I'd like to save as much space as possible, and yet give it the best treatment possible, I don't want an ISO booth, I'd like to have as much as a "live" recording room I can get out of those sizes

here is a diagram of the empty space with a view from the top of the room and with a side view (sorry i don't know the right names for each diagram view), so you can have a better idea

GZ experts, what would you do? could you please show me with some drawings as if I was a 5 year old...

here is the link of the construction diary if you want to check how it has been done so far

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/photo...ll-studio.html

thank u so much, I appreciate a lot your wisdom and thanx for sharing
Attached Thumbnails
how would you treat this recording room??-liveroom-plans.jpg  
Old 20th June 2009
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

That's really small, so you'll need to make it pretty dead sounding. This video shows the treatment in my partner's basement studio:

The Ultimate Home Studio

Doug's studio is much larger than what you have, but watching the video will give you a good idea of what's needed.

--Ethan
Old 20th June 2009
Lives for gear

What will you be recording in that space? That will go a long way toward determining how best to attack it.

It will require a decent amount of treatment in any case, just a matter of what and where.

Bryan
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
That's really small, so you'll need to make it pretty dead sounding. This video shows the treatment in my partner's basement studio:

The Ultimate Home Studio

Doug's studio is much larger than what you have, but watching the video will give you a good idea of what's needed.

--Ethan
ok great, thanks Ethan, I'll check it from head to toe
Old 21st June 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpape View Post
What will you be recording in that space? That will go a long way toward determining how best to attack it.

It will require a decent amount of treatment in any case, just a matter of what and where.

Bryan
hi Bryan

I produce and record mostly rock bands, independent bands, and my own band and my music, so I'll be doing drums ( this worries me the most), and bass, guitars electric and acoustic, and vocals

just for the record, I have recorded at nice pro studios and so I have at tiny indie non or semi-treated studios and I'm kinda used to get the best out of what I have at hand, I know it is a small room, but I know I can make it sound good as long I get the right treatment, and that's why I come to you dear slutz.

this is something I recorded in a small studio about the same size of what I'm building, (the drums were recorded in a big studio) and the rest in a small one, and I mixed it in my former non treated bedroom studio. (it's in spanish though)

thanx for all your tips and knowledge, really thank you
Attached Files

05 Nada ni nadie 1.mp3 (3.89 MB, 62 views)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search