Studio Design- Acoustic Treatment- help!
Old 28th April 2009
Gear interested

Cool Studio Design- Acoustic Treatment- help!

Hi all,
I'm studying Music Production at the University of Brighton in the UK and for a project I am designing a studio on a £150,000 budget (which has to cover all acoustic treatment, equipment etc.). I was hoping you could give me some quick advice on acoustic treatment

The live room would be 7x5 meters and 4.5 meters high, and i want to build a 1.5x2 meter booth in the corner, preferably with glass doors on either side (one leading to the live room and one to the control room) for communication purposes, though i was thinking it would be great to be able to cover these with curtains when possible. Both of these rooms will need treating, i was thinking along the lines of disbanding tiles or something, in order to give the room a good, live sound but with out too much reverb or echoes coming back, and also some moveable baffles for source separation. I will have a control room too, which will be 4.5x2.5 meters and have a 1.5 meter wide window in the centre of on of the long walls looking into the recording space, this area needs to be good for monitoring and fair to all frequencies.

If you could help me out with advice and rough costs in any of these areas it would be greatly appreciated.

Sam
Old 28th April 2009
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

I don't see any specific questions there. But if you need to research acoustic treatment for a school assignment, the following links cover everything you could possibly need to know:

Acoustics FAQ
RealTraps Articles
RealTraps Videos

--Ethan
Old 28th April 2009
Lives for gear

Get some books on the subject, Newell for instance. This is a very broad topic with tons of possible rooms
Old 29th April 2009
Lives for gear

It's kinda like I said on the SOS forums...there are a few changes you can make to remove some inherent obstacles, but aside from that there's just not enough information to go on. Sorry.

Frank
Old 29th April 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrebrito View Post
Get some books on the subject, Newell for instance. This is a very broad topic with tons of possible rooms

I agree

For the costs you need to take into account except the materials the labor too

Nikolas
Old 25th May 2009
Gear interested

Thanks for your help, I know it a broad topic, i blame the lecturers for that... but it's useful to have some sites and books to reference at least, appriciate you time

thumbsup
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search