The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
This Forum Can Now Be Closed
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Maniac

This Forum Can Now Be Closed

Guys, the answers are all right here, no need to sweat anymore!!!!!!!!

StereoTimes --

Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

WTF?
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Maniac

Haha yeah- but srsly folks- YOU WON'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!

and then there is this guy
The Shakti Hallograph Soundfield Optimizers Review By Wayne Donnelly

and on this site
diyAudio Forums Archive - Anyone else build a pair of Shakti Hallographs?

this response made me laugh most so it wins IMO

Bill FitzpatrickThose squiggly wood pieces are called "snakes."

The black metal rods in front of them are hollow and hold the oil.
Old 4th February 2009
JSG
Gear Maniac

Can you spell Scam? Or, maybe Placebo?
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

You can't change the rules of physics...acoustics is physics. I smell scam...
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

Well, I think for only $1200 it's got to be worth trying out
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

"If im not mistaken, the conclusion back then was that you gain more by putting a photo of yourself in the freezer."

Loved that one
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

I need a break, me thinks.....
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurveillanceP View Post
Guys, the answers are all right here, no need to sweat anymore!!!!!!!!

StereoTimes --

Sometimes I wonder if these kind of people actually believe there own BS or there really are people out there with BIG ENOUGH BALLS to try to scam people with products like this.

The world is a funny place.

Glenn
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
Well, I think for only $1200 it's got to be worth trying out
Hahaha...exactly. I'm sure you could return them if they don't work. dfegad

Frank
Old 4th February 2009
Lives for gear

Great product! hahahhah!

If they find, say 500 idiots worldwide, there's a half mil $$ for ya there! I guess that's not hard... huh? :D

Scams all over the world........ just watch out.
Old 4th February 2009
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

As many of you know, I'm deeply into this aspect of hi-fi, which sometimes finds its way into recording too. One thing I've learned is that beliefs are very strong, and you cannot change those beliefs no matter how compelling your logic, or how much "science" and physics you present. Some people are absolutely convinced they hear a difference - always for the better of course! - with products like this. At least this doohickey is large enough to pretend to do something. Here's a far worse example of BS "room treatment" products:

Acoustic Art - Synergistic Research

Note these things are the size of a saki cup. Yet people pay thousands of dollars for them and will defend to the death that they make a real improvement in their room. Go figure.

--Ethan
Old 9th February 2009
Lives for gear

It's funny that I am reading this while at the same time a woman stopped by my office to ask me if a house she was looking to rent in an upscale town in Ct. was a scam. It's a 4 bedroom ranch for $900/month. Owner is heading to Nigeria for a church crusade and does not know when he is going to return. She can move in anytime. Just send first, last and security to his address in Nigeria.

I'll see if she needs a set of these things for her home theater system.
Old 9th February 2009
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dft3670 View Post
It's funny that I am reading this while at the same time a woman stopped by my office to ask me if a house she was looking to rent in an upscale town in Ct. was a scam. It's a 4 bedroom ranch for $900/month. Owner is heading to Nigeria for a church crusade and does not know when he is going to return. She can move in anytime. Just send first, last and security to his address in Nigeria.

I'll see if she needs a set of these things for her home theater system.
Let her know I have all ready rented the place.
Old 14th February 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
As many of you know, I'm deeply into this aspect of hi-fi, which sometimes finds its way into recording too. One thing I've learned is that beliefs are very strong, and you cannot change those beliefs no matter how compelling your logic, or how much "science" and physics you present. Some people are absolutely convinced they hear a difference - always for the better of course! - with products like this. At least this doohickey is large enough to pretend to do something. Here's a far worse example of BS "room treatment" products:

Acoustic Art - Synergistic Research

Note these things are the size of a saki cup. Yet people pay thousands of dollars for them and will defend to the death that they make a real improvement in their room. Go figure.

--Ethan
My Gosh, isn't this true. I saw a double blind study done once with a group of people that characterized themselves as knowledgeable and experienced audiophiles. An A/B test was performed by connecting a pair of speakers alternately with typical zip cord and with (I am not making this up) coat hangers. As I recall, numerous listeners chose the coat hangers, some ranting about the "transparency" and "articulation". I just can't bring myself to live a life so filled with lies and dishonesty, but if one could, one could make millions selling almost anything even if it does nothing. Pet rocks....
Old 14th February 2009
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

I visit this place once a day for my daily laugh:

Tweakers' Asylum

--Ethan
Old 17th February 2009
Gear Maniac

Tweaker's Asylum. I- don't know where to start. Its coming at me like it wants to gouge my eyes out for being so confused...
Old 17th February 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
I visit this place once a day for my daily laugh:

Tweakers' Asylum

--Ethan
haha COOL

I've put stones in my circuit breaker box, inside of my electronics, and adjacent to equipment
Tweakers' Asylum - RE: Acoustic Revive QR8 on USB cable - Paul_A - February 16, 2009 at 09:58:49 (see the 2 black stones)
Old 17th February 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper24 View Post
haha COOL

I've put stones in my circuit breaker box, inside of my electronics, and adjacent to equipment
Tweakers' Asylum - RE: Acoustic Revive QR8 on USB cable - Paul_A - February 16, 2009 at 09:58:49 (see the 2 black stones)
That is the strangest thing ive ever seen. Theres also green and yellow stones all over the inside of it.

They better be high end stones...

xcx
Old 17th February 2009
Lives for gear

I don't get audiophiles. Often their stereo systems cost more than the studio used to make the album that they're listening to. Yet they've never heard of proper bass trapping, let alone correct speaker placement or hell, leaving the friggin' eq alone!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search