The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
soundproofing a small room without losing loads of space?
Old 12th May 2008
Here for the gear

soundproofing a small room without losing loads of space?

is it possible to soundproof a small room without losing a lot of space?
i have a spare room and i m thinking to use it to record drums or electric guitar etc. the problem is that its small : 13ft L, 11W, 10H, and i wouldnt like to lose a lot of space with a thick double wall, all walls are made of bricks and concrete so i guess thats a good starting point. The way i m thinking of doing it is to add a floating floor, 1 layer 2/3 inch of plywood standing on rubber, then build a "box" (room) standing on the floating floor made with plasteboard (1 layer), and fill the gap between the two walls with rockwool, do you think that will work?...well i m not that good describing things, so here s the drawing,
so basicaly that way i will lose around 2,5 inches from each surface, do you think it will worth doing something like that? any other recomendations? thanks
Attached Thumbnails
soundproofing a small room without losing loads of space?-proofing.jpg  
Old 12th May 2008

whats the floor made out of, and whats underneath?

narco
Old 12th May 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco View Post
whats the floor made out of, and whats underneath?

narco
hi, the floor is tiles on concrete and the room is in the ground floor, so underneath is just gound. i guess i could leave the floor as it is, but then wouldnt i have sound leaking in the control room?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search