The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Flat screen TV in vocal booth
Old 2nd May 2008
Gear Maniac

Flat screen TV in vocal booth

Hi all...

I've been a long-time lurker, but this is my first post. I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. It's not technically about studio construction, but it does involve an issue that has come up while a studio is in the process of being built, so....

I'm helping build a new studio, and the owners want to put flat screen monitors in the vocal booths (to entertain the artists during down time). I'm concerned about RF leaking into the mic, so I'm wondering what kind of flat screen I should recommend. Would an LCD or plasma be better, or are all flat screens ok?

I've tried Googling the subject, but nothing comes up... anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,
- Blake
Old 4th May 2008
Lives for gear

LCD works fine in our VO booths.

The plasma's I've heard exhibited a slight buzzing sound, so not usefull.
Old 4th May 2008
Gear Maniac

Thank you! Just the information I needed. Much appreciated.
Old 4th May 2008
Gear Addict

I worked at a VO studio for a while and we put computer monitors in the ISO so the voice talent could read the prompts. Basically it was an RE-20 to a console. Using LCD's worked great there was really no hum, any noise seemed to be the talents cells pinging the tower. Get a 20 inch or bigger LCD monitor and build it either on the wall or in the wall. Something bigger so there can be some distance between mic and screen may help if there is any issue, but again none that I am aware of.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search