The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Small 10X11 Garage Studio
Old 7th March 2008
Gear Addict

Small 10X11 Garage Studio

My parents just offered me a room in the garage that's about ten by eleven by eight high. It's unfinished, so I can fix it up real nice. I was thinking of dividing it because I've been recording in my room the whole time, and I would do ANYTHING just to have a seperate control room semi isolated from the drumset!! It's going to be a cheap, fun, efficient little studio. Any input? I'm thinking each room after the seperation would be rougly 5x10, which is good for me as long as I have my semi-quiet.
Old 8th March 2008
Gear Addict

How could I go about treating a 6x10 Live room?
Old 8th March 2008
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

I suggest one room and a good set of noise-reducing earphones. Seriously. That room is already too small, and dividing it will just make it smaller. Or find a friend with a larger room to partner with and pool your gear.

--Ethan
Old 8th March 2008
Lives for gear

Agreed. Dividing it will give you all kinds of issues. As long as it's a dedicated space that doesn't have to be shared with beds, other furniture, etc., you can set it up to do both as good as possible given the small size of the room.

Bryan
Old 8th March 2008
Gear Addict

thanks

Alright so I got a 10X11 room. I'm gonna double wall it for better sound reduction, so at least a 9x10 room. I'm gonna put Laminate down, that fake hardwood floor stuff, just to get some type of flooring in there. I'm gonna build DIY Bass Traps, DIY Ceiling Clouds. What else would we be looking at?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search