The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Help with new Room - Please!
Old 27th February 2008
Lives for gear

Help with new Room - Please!

My current room.....

This weekend I'll be moving into this room.....

Photies....

the rest of the pics are in the next post...

I have an acoustics kit very similar to one of these;

RPG Diffusor Systems

and my current vocal booth is one of these;

IsoPac E

The new room is smaller than my current room and I'll won't be able to fit the Iso booth in as well as some of the furniture.
Am thinking of removing the bath, toilet and basin and turning that into a booth. Perhaps I could use the Sorber panels from the Iso booth in the new booth?

The wall are double brick, concrete/plaster and the ceiling in both the room and bathroom is 268 cm high and concrete.

Also bricking up the window in the control room so that that gives me the two parallel walls I need. So me setup will look something like this....

I get the feeling the above dimensions will not be good.

Any ideas and advice welcome....
Old 27th February 2008
Lives for gear

... the rest of the pics.....

Old 27th February 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
I get the feeling the above dimensions will not be good.
I don't know how big your other room is but who cares you have a POOL RIGHT OUTSIDE OF YOUR DOOR!!!!!!!!!!

It might work a little better if you turned 90 degrees to the right, but then you would have the door to deal with. This room is not even close to perfect, but with enough PROPER bass trapping and treatment of the reflections it could work.

Glenn
Old 27th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Kuras View Post
I don't know how big your other room is but who cares you have a POOL RIGHT OUTSIDE OF YOUR DOOR!!!!!!!!!!
I do! It gets rather hot around these parts... heh

Yeah I figured I'd have to turn it. Thing is I need to use the doors from outside for clients and artists as the wife is not going to b to happy with peeps traveling through the house.

Also if possible Id like to keep the some natural natural light but am willing to sacrifice this for good sound.

I got a quote late last year from Realtraps, think it was Scott who contacted me after my query to Ethan. The price was not bad. Perhaps I should go this route. Just got to see what the budget is like.

Glenn you are welcome to also quote me should you feel you're up to doing this long distance. Only thing that as far as I'm aware, only the Auralex and Primeacoustic ranges are available in neighboring South Africa. PM me if you're up to it.
Old 27th February 2008
Lives for gear

Don't suppose something like this would work. I take it one would need to fill the empty space behind the "false" walls with something?

Old 28th February 2008
Lives for gear

Absorbtion and bass trapping on the back wall will help, too. Since your wall-wall corners are kind of occupied with doors, etc., look at putting some bass traps in the wall-ceiling corner.

Yes, the spaces behind the false walls should be filled with insulation.
Old 29th February 2008
Lives for gear

Eric,

Thanks for that. Will look into it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search