The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who is using Green Glue in their studio build? Modular Synthesizers
Old 15th January 2011
Lives for gear

Regarding NC 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Curtis View Post
Well, it is not just the Green Glue!
Of course it was not. By the way, did I tell you, we are impressed?!

Andre
Old 15th January 2011
Gear Addict

I'm impressed! Andre are you impressed?
Old 15th January 2011
Lives for gear

Yes Ted, I am impressed.

Andre
Old 29th January 2011
Gear Addict

IeatSound, are you trolling?
Old 29th January 2011
SAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSOUND View Post
Sounds great, right? here's a corker for all you peeps out there in gooville, "how do you attach the rigid sheet, be it drywall, O.S.B, Hardy backer or whatever to the existing structure? What's that? you use screws huh? because green glue itself can't support any weight as it never goes solid. What do you think those screws are doing by connecting the 1st layer to the 2nd layer to the studs/joists (can't just screw into drywall and ply would work but that too has to be screwed into something resembling a structure) and here folks is the truth about viscoelastic compounds, sure, works great if it's hanging there by itself by magic, because as soon as those screws go through all three mediums you are effectively stopping the compound from being able to allow the 1st layer to vibrate, which is the whole reason why it's supposedly god's boogers.
WRONG!

Where did you study mechanics????

So conventional drywall, fastened with nails or screws can't resonate?
Wow, that's news!

And it also means that limp mass and membrane traps where the medium is attached will not function.

Wrong.

The fasteners which couple the mass to the structure may modify the region of resonance, but it does NOT, as you falsely claim, prevent it from resonating! All it does is effectively modify the modal frequency, and as a secondary consequence, the maximum amplitude of the resonance.
Old 29th January 2011
SAC

Quote:
resonating through to the structure?
What????

What does resonance matter "through to the structure"?

Resonance can occur with or without coupling to a structure. A membrane can resonate independently of the supporting structure and re-radiate the energy back into the environment. There is NO necessary nexus between a region of drywall acting as a resonant membrane and the structural resonance of a supporting structure! A supported coupled membrane can of course resonate even if the supporting structure is COMPLETELY damped and inert. In fact, coupling can also act as an energy sink to damp and thus serve to damp of the membrane itself Or if rigid and inert, it can reinforce the resonance of a membrane.

I guess you also imagine a drum functioning, not because the head vibrates, but rather as a result of the drum head driving a resonance in the drum 'body'!

And the primary issue with any structural resonance that might exist is that the energy is conducted to other mechanically coupled surfaces that have undamped expanses sufficient to re-radiate the energy in the form of a mechanically coupled conductively driven resonance.

Sebg is correct. A troll who suddenly appears with an agenda.
Old 29th January 2011
SAC

Quote:
if the energy is allowed to travel without being displaced or transformed it has to remain as sound, you can not annihilate energy
Amazing, this troll has just overcome(sic) resistance.

Forget CLD and peddle room temperature superconductivity.

Quote:
...I...was slapping up moldy carpet on walls 20+ yrs ago so we could destroy our hearing in peace.
...And already 15 years behind what was known both with regards to internal room treatment and to sound transmission.

And who gives a flying leap about GG? ...Like I get upset about sound transmission...yawn. I just get tired of the "brown poo" mechanics that gets spread around...as if we "allow...the energy ... to travel without being displaced or transformed it has to remain as sound, you can not annihilate energy" and it simply continues unabated... I think that particular concept was asserted by Bernie Madoff as well.
Old 29th January 2011
Lives for gear

Old 30th January 2011
Here for the gear

LOL

Total Troll

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search