The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
All weather acoustic dampening
Old 15th September 2020
Lives for gear

All weather acoustic dampening

My studio is in the basement and I need some quick treatment to throw up on the walls that won't mildew as it's damp down there. What would some of you slooties suggest?
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotchicken View Post
My studio is in the basement and I need some quick treatment to throw up on the walls that won't mildew as it's damp down there. What would some of you slooties suggest?
A dehumidifier
Old 16th September 2020
Lives for gear

Besides the humidifier, Tectum can be something to consider if with treatment you mean something absorbtive. The cement in the wood/cement-mixture makes it caustic and does not promote mildew. The wood can take up and give away humidity, it "breathes." Google Tectum and you will find terribly ugly Tectum sheets for industrial use as well as nice looking ones.
Old 16th September 2020
ventilation and airflow is very important as well, usually it's lack of airflow that causes a lot of damp problems in cellars, combined with modern materials like cement render and cement mortar and plastic paints which don't allow the walls to breathe. the only way to prevent mould and mildew from my experience is to use lime based mortars, especially hot lime and plasters and lime wash instead of paints.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear