The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Home StudioFirst Treated Measurements
Old 31st August 2020
Here for the gear

Home StudioFirst Treated Measurements

Hi all!

We just treated our spare room with some DIY bass traps and absorbers, so here are the first measurements. From my limited knowledge, things are seeming promising, but would love to get an experienced opinion on what is going on in here, if there is anything specific we should focus on.

It's just a control room where we will primarily produce electronic music and mix down.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails
Home StudioFirst Treated Measurements-img_8809.jpg  
Old 31st August 2020
Something is completely messed up with your recordings. Check the waterfall, for example. Not sure what you're measuring there.
Old 1st September 2020
Here for the gear

haha oh man! Thanks for letting me know. Will try to rectify this
Old 17th September 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannburkard View Post
Something is completely messed up with your recordings. Check the waterfall, for example. Not sure what you're measuring there.
Is this better? Thank you for your patience
Attached Files
File Type: mdat blum studio 3.mdat (8.40 MB, 5 views)
Old 17th September 2020
Looks better now.

Try to get the desk reflection under control, for example by cutting down on desk depth or angling it. Put the speakers on stands. You may get more bass by moving speakers and listening position closer to the front wall (play with the room simulator in REW).

Treat the side walls to your listening position floor to ceiling because side wall reflections I think are still visible.

Do you have a cloud now that you didn't have on your first photo?

How long is that room? 5.50m-ish? What do you have on the rear wall?

The spectrogram shows a variety of very strong room modes between 55 and 200 Hz. Find out what surfaces they are related to (https://amcoustics.com/tools/amroc) and treat those (may be ceiling).
Old 17th September 2020
Here for the gear

Thanks you so much for the reply! I will try all of these of these things.

The room is L560xW240xH291 and I haven't installed any clouds yet. This will go straight to to the top of the list. The back wall is empty apart from a sofa, but was thinking of installing some diffusion at some point
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuher View Post
The back wall is empty apart from a sofa, but was thinking of installing some diffusion at some point
Start with absorption.
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear