The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I’ve Died and Gone to Tube Trap Heaven
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Head

I’ve Died and Gone to Tube Trap Heaven

I moved into a new space about 6 months ago that afforded me with about 1800 sq feet of studio space (most of it a large live room). I finally got around to tuning my rooms. I looked into DIY tube traps and decided to take the plunge. I called my local pipe insulation dealer and was told that they had a literal semi truck load of overstock OC pipe insulation (in every imaginable size) that I could have for free. It’s truly a jackpot situation. I loaded up a truck bed yesterday and began the process. The results are truly astounding on the graphs and in the ears. I’m going to get as much in there as possible so I’ll track my progress and results in this thread. The plan is to leave them half covered in the ASJ cover and half exposed insulation (covered in fabric) so I can vary the sound as needed. New monitors coming on Tuesday so I’ll hold off on posting any measurements until they are setup.
Attached Thumbnails
I’ve Died and Gone to Tube Trap Heaven-99612d88-f0cf-461e-953f-a70eaa0cde6c.jpg   I’ve Died and Gone to Tube Trap Heaven-10f8efdd-8bfd-46c6-8e1c-3be7930341b3.jpg  
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

I look forward to seeing those measurements...
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Nut

Great find! I had good luck in a live room with those split in half over HVAC registers too, if you've got some noise from them.

So... They have any more? After you pick your fill you'd be doing them a favor...
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Awesome! Just orders 8 studiotraps from ASC. Excited to utilize this method for tracking and mixing.
Old 8th August 2020
Lives for gear

Every studio needs needs to yell “Score!” at least once. 🙂
Old 3 weeks ago
That foam though.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear