The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Organizing your studio rack
Old 6th August 2020
Organizing your studio rack

Friends,

I have a couple of new EQ's coming into my home studio, so I thought I would search the database to catch any new tips on how to best integrate them into my studio rack.  A troubling post came up, it suggests you should never mix audio interfaces (DSP & Clocking) in your studio rack with hi end pre-amps, compressors & eq's. Now I've recorded 100's of albums in my studio with those devises on top of each other in the past 30 years, I have never had a problem and I have never heard of this.  How could this be a problem if my Apogee & Motu interfaces both have mic preamps along with Clocks & DSP's?
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

The only trouble i see is if they are racked close with no space in between, it could cause thermal buildup. The ua Apollo reccomends something like 2 or 4 rack spaces between it and other devices.

What better to have near your interface than a hi end pre, comp, and eq?

Ive never had issues with that stuff near the apogee and motu converters at the studio.
Old 6th August 2020
No, I definitely give the tubes room to breathe at least 1 rack space, I was just surprised Ive always heard try to keep audio cables as far away from electrical cords as possible. Just thought I would put it out there.
Old 6th August 2020
Wow beautiful studio by the way Triad Recording!
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbassist View Post
Wow beautiful studio by the way Triad Recording!
Thank you, its a fun place to work!!! Cheers.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear