The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Room Design, Acoustic Consultancy in the UK. Any reccomendations?
Old 2nd July 2007
Room Design, Acoustic Consultancy in the UK. Any recommendations?

We have control room in a space that is enormously awkward architecturally. The space was converted into a studio by DACS Audio many years ago & they installed a number of large absorbers at that time. Last year we added a number of Real Traps broadband absorbers to further tame the room and specifically to level the bass. This is as much as we feel we can do ourselves & we now want to bring in someone to assess the whole situation and build upon the work we have already done.

Can anyone in the UK give any suggestions & or recommendations about who we should be talking to?

Thanks in advance,
Old 2nd July 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewyear View Post
Can anyone in the UK give any suggestions & or recommendations about who we should be talking to?
What's your budget?
Old 2nd July 2007
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Neil,

Max Hodges does great work. Tell him I sent you. heh

--Ethan
Old 2nd July 2007
Quote:
What's your budget?
I'd like to keep it below £4k all in, if at all possible. That should include all materials & consultancy costs. I realise that for a really good job this figure may be unrealistic & we may revise it upwards if & when we have to.

Basically we want to identify problem frequencies (we already know some of these) and deal with them (tuned absorption?), kill an annoying flutter echo (we could do this ourselves by mounting one of our mondo traps on a ceiling/wall corner but if we are paying someone to come in why not let them deal with it?) and attempt to widen our sweet spot (our listening position is currently asymmetrically placed within the room but this is a conscious decision).

We are looking for someone who has the analytical acoustics qualifications but also the practical studio/installation experience.

Quote:
Max Hodges does great work. Tell him I sent you.
Thanks Ethan. Do you have a contact &/or url for Max?
Old 3rd July 2007
Lives for gear

Andy Monroe, not sure of a number for him, but every time I come across things he's done, I've been impressed.

Regards

Roland
Old 3rd July 2007
Lives for gear

White Mark
Old 3rd July 2007

PM me - im seeing Max on Monday. I'll give him your details....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search